Chewy

Arrival | Nov 11, 2016 | Villeneuve/Adams/Renner | First Reviews Have Arrived.

1 hour ago, elcaballero said:

I understand having a different opinion, but the tone of that review seemed really harsh. Did Villeneuve egg his house or something?

Rex Reed has been a vile, hateful creature for many, many years. Not to be insensitive, but it's his time.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Baffled this thread is only 27 pages. no wonder we don't get too many of those greats a year. 

Until a few months ago all we knew about this was that it was a sci-fi directed by Denis Villeneuve starring Amy Adams and based on an obscure short story. Villeneuve hasn't yet reached Christopher Nolan status where his name is a big attraction and subject of arguments on its own

"Arrival is a weird flick, slow and tedious, too metaphysical for Rod Serling's The Twilight Zone and most likely to appeal to people who like to play video games and solve puzzles. "

Jesus christ, this reviev summary. Since when solving puzzles is a wrong thing?

32 minutes ago, Charism said:

"Arrival is a weird flick, slow and tedious, too metaphysical for Rod Serling's The Twilight Zone and most likely to appeal to people who like to play video games and solve puzzles. "

He didn't understand Doctor Strange.... I am asking myself since a long time why he doesn't starts to be a pensioner

Variety predicts:

“Arrival,” ... low-to-mid teens

Deadline:

Arrival which boasts a 98% Rotten Tomatoes score from 83 reviews and a $15M opening at 2,200 venues, 

5 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

He's far beyond taking seriously so I get some entertainment out of it

"Pretentious Poopery" is meme-worthy

1 hour ago, terrestrial said:

He didn't understand Doctor Strange.... I am asking myself since a long time why he doesn't starts to be a pensioner

Variety predicts:

“Arrival,” ... low-to-mid teens

Deadline:

Arrival which boasts a 98% Rotten Tomatoes score from 83 reviews and a $15M opening at 2,200 venues, 

He's a clown.

He also reviewed Doctor Strange without ever reviewing any of the other marvel movies, which means he probably hasn't seen them.

It's like jumping right into the 8th episode of any TV series and calling it crap because you didn't understand what was happening. No shit sherlock?

If he gave Arrival a bad review it's probably good, so that means I will see it :ph34r:

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Charism said:

I'm honestly more concerned with the need to preference the The Twilight Zone with Rod Serling. It's beyond pretentious, he just wants to look smart.