kayumanggi

Weekend Estimates (4-day): TL 41.7 M | PP II 38.5 M | MM: FR 32.1 M | A:AOU 27.8 M | POLTERGEIST 26.5 M

If there were anyone else other than Nolan who made TDK and for that matter, TDKR, it wouldn't have received the praise it got.. If Zack Snyder would've made it, the fans would've crapped on it..

That's a weird way of trying to discredit a film. The same could be said for tons of films: Whedon has long been adored by genre fans, in comic book circles, and by a large aspect of geekdom. If anyone else had made Avengers 1, I bet it would've not received even half od the great reviews it did. But then again, how does this odd statement take away from the film's merits?

• Like 3

I come into this thread expecting some interesting discussion and see salty posts .... blah blah Paul Walker ... wah wah FF7 ... CALL THE WHAMBULANCE PLEASE!  :lol:  :D  :lol:

Great hold for PP2, I didnt expect such a good hold. Great hold for Max as well but the difference is I expected that. Looks like there will be no land (sequel) for tomorrow, even if WW gross saves it.

If not for Walkers death and F7 stealing it's thunder and Mayweather's fight, AOU would've done alot better in it's OW.. I'm sure F8 will carry his death into that movie as well and the media will sell it as an event..

If not for F7, and the Mayweather fight, and the movie being just ok, and the boring action, and the just ok reviews, and the nice weather, and pizza, and meh wom, and...

• Like 8

You might be waiting a while.  :ph34r:

I haven't seen Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, House of Cards, True Detective, The Wire, How I Met Your Mother, Homeland, Orange is the New Black, Mad Men, Supernatural, Hannibal, Firefly, Dexter, 24, Community, Parks and Rec, or really any other supposedly great, well loved show of the past few years. Or ever, actually.

What the hell is wrong with you?

Have you seen Buffy?

If someone doesn't like the show, they don't like the show. Why should they watch if they've already seen a few episodes and didn't like them?

Because they didn't watch up to episode 9, season 1. :ph34r:  thats the moment I got hooked.

If Mad Max follows Godzilla's holds from the $7m Friday (arguably one of the lesser scenarios for the weekend), that's a $24.6m weeken, or a 46% drop. That's honestly really great for a film like this.

If there were anyone else other than Nolan who made TDK and for that matter, TDKR, it wouldn't have received the praise it got.. If Zack Snyder would've made it, the fans would've crapped on it..

I don't get statements like these. They always assume that the end product will be the exact same if another director made it. Assuming a director is worth his beans (so some idiom like that) and isn't a hired gun directly under studio guns, that's seldom to be true.

• Like 2

That's just the Zimmer music. :P I've slowly begun to realize that TDK is just incredibly well polished and not nearly as deep as everyone thought it was when it came out.

Now Fury Road has nuance bleeding out of it.

Fury Road is a really expensive well made B action movie framed with a pretentious but silly voice over.  There's not any more nuance in it than John Wick, The Raid or any action movie starring (the great and ill used) Rutger Hauer in the 1980s. 

• Like 1