kayumanggi

Mission: Impossible - Fallout | July 27 2018 | Paramount | Reactions coming in | "Best action movie since Fury Road"

4 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

This series has aged like fine wine. The insane stunts always makes for a great hook for audiences as well.

It's funny that after III, the series was looking uncertain because of Cruise's split with Paramount but thankfully both sides made up. 

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

It's funny that after III, the series was looking uncertain because of Cruise's split with Paramount but thankfully both sides made up. 

Cruise was a one man media circus at the time, and the film being on the low key side as far as this franchise goes didn't help it.  The Burj scene in Ghost Protocol was a stroke of genius in getting people to care again.

3 hours ago, Jonwo said:

I still think III is the best in terms of drama, villain, emotional heft. Ghost Protocol had insane action and was tons of fun, but not much else. Rogue Nation...I still haven't seen. The trailers never grabbed me. This one? The stunts look next level. 

26 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

I bet a committee meets after every MI movie and they're like "How can we top the last movie's stunts?"

Looking good. 

That's pretty much how EVERY franchise movies work as far as set pieces go so ...

25 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Man you missed the best one

Its great, love it, love the series, but the one thing that really  annoys the fuck out of me when we end up having TWO (AMAZING) chases to get this USB drive, we fail, then Pegg goes its ok I have another one. I made a copy. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Its great, love it, love the series, but the one thing that really  annoys the fuck out of me when we end up having TWO (AMAZING) chases to get this USB drive, we fail, then Pegg goes its ok I have another one. I made a copy. 

I think that is where the rewrite came in. The first trailer for RN showed a scene which looks like it is right after Cruise crashes the bicycle where it looks like he is in cuffs headed into IMF. The 3rd act of RN does feel very very small in comparison to everything that came before, guessing they used the USB being copied as the divergence point.

mi5_top.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Poe Blankeron said:

spot gives me nothing to go off of, but I'm always down for these movies lol

yeah I didn't think the spot was anything special or really good, but I'm sure I will still see it