kayumanggi

THE SUICIDE SQUAD | August 6 2021 | James Gunn writing and directing

Just now, EmpireCity said:

What is wrong with most of you?

Quick question: why is it that whenever somebody says something you disagree with, you always ask what's wrong with them, as if it's somehow their fault for not thinking like you? I've been tolerating it for a while, but I'm really getting tired of this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

What is wrong with most of you?

This is rather broad, so I’m just gonna say the X chromosomes.   

Never trust somebody with an X chromosome.

Edited by Lokis Legion
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it, but I really don't know why they had to go with an R-rating.

Oh well. . .I'mma see it. But if this fails, I really doubt we will see anymore R-ratings in the DCEU, unless its Joker 2.

This and BOP probably were the results of WB's lessons taken away from Logan and the Deadpool pictures I guess? That and with TSS, didn't Gunn say he wanted it and WB gave him the greenlight? 

Of course with BOP, I would argue that movie didn't need to be R as it is. From what I understand about TSS, it wouldn't be the same without it (ala Deadpool.) Am I mistaken?

3 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

Obviously all film makers want to see their films succeed at the box office, but I hardly think James Gunn will react badly or hold any ill will towards HBO Max. At the end of the day he’s probably just happy that people are watching and enjoying his movie (legally of course). Plus, WB are clearly happy with the film that he’s made and are eager for him to return, so it’d be biting the hand that feeds him if he threw a tantrum about HBO Max siphoning the box office takings.

It probably helps too that (assuming reports are correct) that like other talents involved with WB movies going to Max this year, Gunn won't be screwed in backend pay. 

1 hour ago, grey ghost said:

Audiences rejected BOP.

It only made 84m DOM.

I blame the R rating for that. It was unnecessary considering the characters invloved. Also it alienated Harley Quinn’s biggest fan base, teenagers with that rating. Really hoping WB gets the hint and stops making R rated Harley Quinn films and R rated DC films in general! 

17 minutes ago, El Gato said:

I blame the R rating for that. It was unnecessary considering the characters invloved. Also it alienated Harley Quinn’s biggest fan base, teenagers with that rating. Really hoping WB gets the hint and stops making R rated Harley Quinn films and R rated DC films in general! 

If Deadpool, Logan and Joker can succeed with an R-rating then why not Harley Quinn?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lokis Legion said:

This is rather broad, so I’m just gonna say the X chromosomes.   

Never trust somebody with an X chromosome.

I have been saying this for years.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it, but I really don't know why they had to go with an R-rating.

You’ll know when you see it.

Suicide Squad members have a bomb in their head that can be blown up at any time. It’s hard to avoid an R.

If that’s the set up, you want to see heads blown up lol. 

5 hours ago, Pinacolada said:

This movie is 1 day away from release and it still feels like James Gunn is the only person promoting the movie. It's been his twitter account since the first trailer launched and that's it

Have you watched the Olympics? They've been spamming this movie like crazy

The marketing has ramped up ten fold these past 2 weeks

Edited by DlAMONDZ
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Oh well. . .I'mma see it. But if this fails, I really doubt we will see anymore R-ratings in the DCEU, unless its Joker 2.

This would be a completely different film without the R rating. It’s not a relatively soft R rating like BoP, it earns it and I’d say it needs it. Also, let’s not start saying R rated films can’t be successful when Deadpool, Logan and Joker categorically prove otherwise. Not to mention that one of the biggest complaints about the first SS movie was that it was a PG13. The R rating isn’t holding this back.

• Like 3

At this point it is pretty much up to WB's interpretation for the bomb.

If TSS doing good, they can claim the hbo max didn't hurt box office as much so they should continue exploring HBO max. If TSS bombed, they can also claim the theater is dead and therefore they need HBO max day-to-date strategy.

They can spin the story either way, so pretty much up for them which version is fitting to their belief. 

• Like 1