kayumanggi

THE SUICIDE SQUAD | August 6 2021 | James Gunn writing and directing

21 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

So has the dipshit who's run this account been asleep for the past year and a half?

Yeah he’s (successfully) trolling. Though if one isn’t interested in being clickbaity, wondering if WB will be knee jerk reactive considering the last almost decade or so is reasonable.

whether they will be, time of course can only tell.

30 minutes ago, belblazer said:

Currently at 8.2 on the chinese site Douban (bigger score than Aquaman and Infinity War, for example). Still no score on Maoyan.

Excellent. I wouldn’t rank above Infinity War, but it’s one of the best films of the genre indeed.

On 8/8/2021 at 7:00 AM, Dominic Brehetto said:

I didn't like it. At all. Pretty bummed.

Gunns style just does nothing for me and this movie just solidifies that. I thought gotg 2 was also bad  The beginning was a recycled joke we have seen done in at least 2 other films.

And then it's just a cycle of characters trauma dumping out of nowhere in between boomer rock music and shock value violence and cringey repetitive humour.

3/10.

Guardians of the Galaxy remains his best movie since then he has been repeating same to varying success 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, belblazer said:

Currently at 8.2 on the chinese site Douban (bigger score than Aquaman and Infinity War, for example). Still no score on Maoyan.

It will never have maoyan score - Maoyan is a ticketing app system that allows you to review AFTER buying a ticket.

21 minutes ago, belblazer said:

But both Joker and the first SS have a score there.

Then it is a system churn out score that has no bearing on anything. If you look at other films which have opened in China, there is a scale and % of each rating, and also totalling the no. of ratings.

For films that are not opening in China, just rely on Douban score. You don't see us talking about Maoyan score for BW.

Edited by TigerPaw

1 hour ago, Saul Goodman said:

84% audience score on RT. Maybe it isn't as liked by the general audience? That B+ cinemascore too.

Compare with the absurd 94% audience score with more than 25k votes for Zack Snyder’s Justice League and do the math on why. 

1 hour ago, Saul Goodman said:

84% audience score on RT. Maybe it isn't as liked by the general audience? That B+ cinemascore too.

It had the best 2nd weekend hold in the UK out of any other movie released this year, I believe

WOM is strong. If people ever want to know how useless RT audience scores are, just know that the terrible Scott Pilgrim is rated higher than Avatar, the world's highest grossing movie.

Edited by Chicago
  • Like 3