kayumanggi

THE SUICIDE SQUAD | August 6 2021 | James Gunn writing and directing

15 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

Imagine doing worse than mortal kombat lmaooooooooooo.

PS: bop is better than TSS

Can we just stop with these lame opinions. BOP was shite, had shite WOM and has been completely forgotten about. TSS will be still relevant in 5 years time compared to BOP which no-one outside this site gives a shit about

Seriously, people with these opinions are allowed to vote in leaders, it's scary.

Edited by Chicago
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 3
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 4

27 minutes ago, Chicago said:

Can we just stop with these lame opinions. BOP was shite, had shite WOM and has been completely forgotten about. TSS will be still relevant in 5 years time compared to BOP which no-one outside this site gives a shit about

Seriously, people with these opinions are allowed to vote in leaders, it's scary.

That's a little much. 

As for everything else, why would TSS be relevant in 5 years other than maybe you or others having recency bias because you liked it and just saw it? Not belittling anybody who's seen TSS (I've not seen it yet) but I'm just curious why something like this (other than that already-shot Max spin-off show) will be on everybody's tip of the tongue 5 years from now? Pop culture is consumed faster than ever and who knows what DCEU (much less the movies in general) will be a few years from now.* 

And FTR you can look at my old posts, I've given DCEU films a hard time in the past. But I found BOP decent? Sure I can nitpick it, but I could do the same with a good many MCU joints and BOP was on that decent afternoon diversionary level. 

*=Since we're talking Jimmy Gunn here, GOTGv2 four years ago had a good reception among the Marvelites online from what I remember. Now that's a polarizing in that catalogue, people either love it or want to drown it. That development would've surprised me 4 years ago. 

20 minutes ago, RRA said:

That's a little much. 

As for everything else, why would TSS be relevant in 5 years other than maybe you or others having recency bias because you liked it and just saw it? Not belittling anybody who's seen TSS (I've not seen it yet) but I'm just curious why something like this (other than that already-shot Max spin-off show) will be on everybody's tip of the tongue 5 years from now? Pop culture is consumed faster than ever and who knows what DCEU (much less the movies in general) will be a few years from now.* 

And FTR you can look at my old posts, I've given DCEU films a hard time in the past. But I found BOP decent? Sure I can nitpick it, but I could do the same with a good many MCU joints and BOP was on that decent afternoon diversionary level. 

*=Since we're talking Jimmy Gunn here, GOTGv2 four years ago had a good reception among the Marvelites online from what I remember. Now that's a polarizing in that catalogue, people either love it or want to drown it. That development would've surprised me 4 years ago. 

BOP had far less stigma than TSS, it was its own film released before the pandemic and still did very poorly. If it wasn't for this site, I would have forgotten of its existence. It also wasn't released on TV for people to watch for free.

I didn't say TSS would be on the tip of everyone tongue's, just that it will be more relevant than a film that's already lost all relevance after just 1 year. Yes I'm biased because having seen both, I know one is much better than the other. I also can tell one has been more positively received by not only anecdotal evidence or the lit reviews, but the fact it's had just a 32% drop in it's 2nd weekend in my country. That is a sign of great WOM, especially in these times.

I don't see the relevance in bringing up opinions of hardcore marvel fans when they make up the minority. Especially when talking about GOTG which really isn't similar to TSS at all. Most people that watch GOTG or TSS won't be able to tell you it's the same director, nor even care 

Edited by Chicago
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Chicago said:

It had the best 2nd weekend hold in the UK out of any other movie released this year, I believe

WOM is strong. If people ever want to know how useless RT audience scores are, just know that the terrible Scott Pilgrim is rated higher than Avatar, the world's highest grossing movie.

Hey chill out on the Scott Pilgrim hate.tumblr_inline_plnp3rCz761t8biwy_540.gif

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Chicago said:

Is it wrong that Johnny Storm was my favourite Chris Evans performance?

Yes

captain america GIF

Also,

Please try not to call people idiots when expressing your opinions. That seems a little extreme. Thank you!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Assuming 280k household would have attend cinema for TSS choose HBO max instead in the end, TSS "lose" at least 5.6m to HBO max assuming 2 people in each household. Of course this can go higher up to 10m if more potential turns up were lost.  

7 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

Assuming 280k household would have attend cinema for TSS choose HBO max instead in the end, TSS "lose" at least 5.6m to HBO max assuming 2 people in each household. Of course this can go higher up to 10m if more potential turns up were lost.  

But doesn't that also means people who usually don't go to theatre also watched it on streaming service. These numbers can be interpreted in many ways.

3 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

But doesn't that also means people who usually don't go to theatre also watched it on streaming service. These numbers can be interpreted in many ways.

Since either way they won't go cinema to see it, why bother to prioritize them? Just let them wait 45 days.