kayumanggi

THE SUICIDE SQUAD | August 6 2021 | James Gunn writing and directing

3 hours ago, Chicago said:

Yeah I remember her winning a Grammy over Lewis Capaldi whilst everyone with decent musical taste raised their eyebrows in disbelief.

Ha, Lewis Capaldi? Each to their own.

I love Billie Eilish though. So good. Lewis could maybe do something interesting with her level of production quality actually. 

On a side note: I’ve heard that Lewis has hit the drink hard currently, which is a shame. 

Edited by Krissykins

20 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Ha, Lewis Capaldi? Each to their own.

I love Billie Eilish though. So good. Lewis could maybe do something interesting with her level of production quality actually. 

On a side note: I’ve heard that Lewis has hit the drink hard currently, which is a shame. 

He had the biggest song over here, I prefer his style as it is, I don't want him to change like Ed Sheeran did.

Doesn't surprise me, after all he's Scottish lol. Did you seen him on the Graham Norton show? Guy clearly loves the sesh. Atleast he's funnier than Jim Carrey at the very least

Edited by Chicago

18 hours ago, Chicago said:

Yeah I remember her winning a Grammy over Lewis Capaldi whilst everyone with decent musical taste raised their eyebrows in disbelief. It was a USA based awards show afterall and it was controvesial at the time. I remember social media being shocked by that outcome.

Yeah she made 2 shit albums. Seriously I could write a top 10 hit these days. It's probably just a US thing, I think you lot like her more than the UK

Yep, the fact she and her brother made 2 albums in their bedroom means nothing when a) anyone can make an album in their bedroom these days and b) the 2 albums in question are total rubbish.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fielding said:

Yep, the fact she and her brother made 2 albums in their bedroom means nothing when a) anyone can make an album in their bedroom these days and b) the 2 albums in question are total rubbish.

That a strange way to perceived things.

The fact it is a low cost anyone can do it endeavor and that yet someone distinguish themselves from a giant mass (instead of a small gatekeeper one) does not make it a less impressive exploit but an bigger one in general (like being really good among world soccer player versus being really good among world alpine skier or other expensive rarer sport).

Few popular mainstream music are made with so few people getting involved in their production (I think they are 3 people involved)

Has for the album in question being rubbish, both peaked number one in most market, well received by the critics and the academy has well.

Maybe you are both trolling, but if you both think that any reasonable definition of talent was being involved (do you think that is just a giant amount of work more than others, at such a young age ?) Or that you could write one let alone 10 hits, but just prefer by laziness not doing so, that seem something a teenagers would say.

On 8/12/2021 at 1:13 AM, Chicago said:

She doesn't look like she's gone off the rails, well hopefully not lol.

I'm interested to see how TSS homds in the US compared to the UK. It's a flop regardless I guess 

Yes, it's a flop. (And I loved the movie). It's not going to get anywhere near the 400 mill it nedds to just break even,

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dudalb said:

Yes, it's a flop. (And I loved the movie). It's not going to get anywhere near the 400 mill it nedds to just break even,

Were Irishman,The Tomorrow War and Extraction flops?

And those movies didn't make money  at theaters...

Edited by efialtes76

6 hours ago, efialtes76 said:

Were Irishman,The Tomorrow War and Extraction flops?

And those movies didn't make money  at theaters...

Try using better examples than movies literally made for streaming only, those movies are made in the mind they will lose money, unless they pull somehow a number considerable of subcriptions.

56 minutes ago, Fox20 said:

Try using better examples than movies literally made for streaming only, those movies are made in the mind they will lose money, unless they pull somehow a number considerable of subcriptions.

I mean it kinda is a good comparison. Even though this and all other movies this year for WB weren’t specifically made for streaming the whole WB slate was sacrificed by AT&T for subs for HBOMAX. Could TSS be doing better? Definitely, but this whole year is being used in the States to get subs to Max and help keep churn down. 

That doesn’t mean TSS numbers are good or even ok but WB already paid out talent earlier this year cause they knew the box office would be unpredictable for them. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I mean it kinda is a good comparison. Even though this and all other movies this year for WB weren’t specifically made for streaming the whole WB slate was sacrificed by AT&T for subs for HBOMAX. Could TSS be doing better? Definitely, but this whole year is being used in the States to get subs to Max and help keep churn down. 

That doesn’t mean TSS numbers are good or even ok but WB already paid out talent earlier this year cause they knew the box office would be unpredictable for them. 

Yeh, didn’t WB already take a billion dollar hit on its 2021 slate? I’m sure HBOMax will recoup them more than $1bn in revenue. It think it’s already done double that, actually?