kayumanggi

THE SUICIDE SQUAD | August 6 2021 | James Gunn writing and directing

11 minutes ago, cax16 said:

That’s what I’m thinking also. Hoping for more but not looking great from the presales. 

If presales point towards similar opening to Godzilla Vs Kong and Space Jam then it’s probably not a surprise tbh. Seems to be the highest they go in the pandemic with HBOMax. 

It still has time. And it wouldn't be the first time that presale numbers change very quickly. F9 had modest numbers too till Monday of its release week. Presales for The Conjuring3 looked even worse, almost non-existent (at least where I counted). I hope that TSS will have the good reviews we expect now and WOM could help too. Without this forum I wouldn't even know that the screening reactions were good. We will see. By the way, the LRF is quite good IMO with 35-60M OW.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if when The Suicide Squad is released on HBO Max, Will everyone who has an HBO Max account be able to watch it on there? Or do you have to have a certain payment plan to be able to watch it on HBO Max when it’s released on there? 

2 minutes ago, Sean B said:

Does anyone know if when The Suicide Squad is released on HBO Max, Will everyone who has an HBO Max account be able to watch it on there? Or do you have to have a certain payment plan to be able to watch it on HBO Max when it’s released on there? 

You can only watch it on the ad-free plan

Just here to say that BOP could have been a lot worse but ended up being better than I expected (after the first trailer).

Anyway, I guess I am a little bit excited for TSS after the first reaction. Curious i would say, which says a lot because I used to be crazy excited for every new DC movie. It's just that I lost my "connection" to their current DCEU. I am not one of those tweeting #RestoreTheSnyderverse 24/7 but WB's disrespect to their talent made me loose any excitement i had. I am really not willing to give any money to them. I mean Disney is a greedy as well but at least they understand how to please their fans.

That being said, I am excited for Black Adam. I would add Batgirl to the list but I am solely  talking about movies from the WB division of things.

Edited by TheDarkKnightOfSteel
  • Like 1

I don’t think WB disrespected anyone’s talents. They went overboard with BVS and JL when they shouldn’t have been so impulsive after MOS. And they still granted Snyder resources to finish his cut. Obviously in hindsight, Whedon’s hiring was a mistake but I understand the sentiment behind decision. They were worried about BVS performance and their own poor studio behavior.

After Endgame, I feel closure with MCU and more excited for DC’s “experimental” approach. Ironic since I don’t even like Joker, Aquaman or Shazam but I’d rather they gamble on something unconnected to larger shared universe. Really enjoyed BOP and Suicide Squad looks fun. 

• ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

On 7/23/2021 at 11:53 AM, cax16 said:

35-65 for TSS

Tracking thread isn’t pretty so I think this is gonna end up in the 30-40 range but we’ll see.

And the Delta Covid resurgence hitting the news bigtime in t5he US..won't help films opening over the next few weeks.

On 7/23/2021 at 12:53 PM, Napoleon said:

I believe in a $50-60 million OW if reviews really are what we're expecting. WB's marketing will make sure this movie is everywhere during that week. 

The presales are no tindicating that, and the Covid resugence in the US is throwing a monkey wrench into everything.

On 7/24/2021 at 7:04 PM, Sean B said:

Oh, I see. I have HBO Max but I don’t know if what I have is the ad-free plan 🤔.

If you're able to watch whatever you want there without any Ads...then you have the Ad-free plan.  

24 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

Even without Delta-resurgence, TSS already have multiple things against it. I can really see this went as a "unnoticed" soft reboot that went pass general audience's knowledge. 

I love live action Harley and am happy to see Viola and Idris .... but I keep going "Oh, that's next week?"

If only there hadn't been a pandemic, WB could have done their usual marketing bonanza.

8 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

The original film is #1 on UK Netflix. 

Wonder if people thought it was the new one or they’re just revisiting. 

Every time i finish watching something on netflix, suicide squad is advertised next. They are trying to ram it down viewers throats 

8 hours ago, Borobudur said:

Even without Delta-resurgence, TSS already have multiple things against it. I can really see this went as a "unnoticed" soft reboot that went pass general audience's knowledge. 

Even if people know its a reboot, there is still a sour taste in the General Audiences mouth after the SS/BVS combo followed by a shitty BOP movie. There is a massive uphill battle for this 

• Like 1