kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

25 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Goldblum is barely in it. 2 quick scenes max probably so I don't expect much.

He said on the Empire podcast his role is really small, like small enough they could cut him out the movie and it would still work. 

And the studio will still oversell his glorified cameo in the trailers, I'm sure. Disappointing! 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

I hope this makes more than IW next year just for the epic lulz that would ensue. 

Pretty much the battle next year will be between IW and JW2 WW. 

Both should both will make around 1.3-1.4 billion I think. 

On 12/5/2017 at 12:33 PM, cookie said:

I didn't say JP3 wasn't really stupid, it is. Lost World is just worse.

And my issue wasn't that she wanted to go to study dinosaurs, my issue was that she didn't bother to tell her boyfriend who may still have trauma from past events about it. That's just an asshole thing to do.

Fuck Lost World.

I hope this breaks the Goldblum sequelitis (Thor doesn't count as he's a new player). Honestly, I don't see it in the trailer. At this point, I'd rather watch a "proper" sequel to Cronenberg's rendition of The Fly as directed by Mr. Del Toro. Brundle didn't fully perish during the transport. His spirit lived on as consciousness embraced by the insect world. Think about it...it makes more sense than people returning to this shitty island. It'd be like an R rated version of Antz.

Edited by ThePhasmid
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Goldblum is barely in it. 2 quick scenes max probably so I don't expect much.

He said on the Empire podcast his role is really small, like small enough they could cut him out the movie and it would still work. 

Fuck this movie.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bishop54 said:

It looks so much bigger in scale that the other films in the franchise and this one will have more dinosaurs than ever before.

Funny, I was about to say that (so far) it looks much smaller... and that that's a good thing.

I know of course it will be bigger because it's illegal for sequels not to be bigger, but I liked the idea of paring it down a bit.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bishop54 said:

You guys might want to rethink the expected drop off from the first film, this is going to be gigantic.

400-500m is pretty huge, only 47 movies have made 400+ in the last 20 years.  

It's got a good release date, no major movies coming after it, a normal number of wide releases in July so it won't lose screens/theaters more than normal.....  

But it's also coming after 4 likely 100m plus openers in just 8 weeks.  That's a lot to ask of movie-goers.  I'm not sure how that will stack up.

If this movie overwhelms the underwhelming BOT expectations and is still awful, what sort of factors are we going with here to make us all feel less idiot the second time around.

JW1: Expecting OW of less than a hundred Godzillaic figures. Nostalgia would push it past 100. Result: 208M

JW2:____________________.

Someone fill in the blank. :sparta: