kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

I liked/disliked the trailer. I liked it because it doesn't give too much away, and teases what the experience will be like. It leaves questions unanswered.

But I also dislike it because it seems to say, "Look at all the amazing CGI dinosaur action we can overwhelm you with". I want me some dinosaur action, but I want it in a good story with resonant characters too. (Or is that too much to ask?)

But, it is just a trailer. The behind the scenes pre-trailer video is good, and it shows a bunch of other stuff that isn't just volcano-dino action. I'm assuming we'll get a second trailer before the film opens, so I'll look forward to that.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Jurassic-World-Maps-and-Brochures-Viral.

This is my plot prediction, lets see how I fair in June.  

An opener on the island for 5 minutes like every other movie.

Next 15 minutes on main land 

They get to the island unload, short on time, go exploring have to avoid some things, see some things set up for later.

The Volcano ends up exploding early, they have to out run it (should be a solid 12 minutes set piece) 

They all fall in water after more peril they get out. 

Basically from here its a Lost World remake. Find a way off the island. Have to somehow get to the controls to get get in contact... maybe JP park 1 controls not JW Controls since in JW canon the Volcano is on JP side. 

The whole time they are there, Bio-syn is also there stealing dinos or trying too?

Eventually they get off, No Main land attack scene, however a tease that some non company dinos got off the island somehow... more to come next movie.

*In the books the raptors have some how found a way  to get to the main land  and are eating villagers. Alan Grant help solve this mystery. 

:puke:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

I could've sworn they were gonna go with para military dinosaurs.

It always felt so difficult to execute, you use them in which conflict ? Go Marvel route or Beast of no Nation and make up a country / conflict or not name it at all with a general feel (eastern Europe, south-west Asia, Africa type conflict ?).

Politically now it is not easy for a giant world family blockbuster to take that road (I am a bit curious what they will do with Tom Gun 2, would not be surprise if it is not a state vs state affair or real world setting), hard to do the action without being too brutal for too long.

I would have been impressed if they would have find a good storyline with using dinosaurs in a modern conflict has a weapon (and stick with it and not make the story about them not working has planned and shifting the story to something else)....

• Like 1

First of all, nothing can get worse than JP3 @ReyReyBattery

This looks incredibly stupid, just what i expected and wanted. This the fucking 5th (!!!!) Jurassic Park movie, a franchise that shouldnt logically have any sequels anyway! Its all nonsense from Lost World on! So i want the sillyness embraced and this looks like exactly that. Im there OD.

Btw, i remember the meltdowns from the first Star Trek Beyond Trailer. Just because a trailer is off doesnt mean the movie itself is bad.

I love this forum, but the doom and gloom-train is infull effect.

Watch this outgross Infinity War worldwide despite beeing just a super-dumb, super-fun-90s like Blockbuster. Just like JW before it. People like stupid awesomness.

Edited by Brainbug
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Barnack said:

It always felt so difficult to execute, you use them in which conflict ? Go Marvel route or Beast of no Nation and make up a country / conflict or not name it at all with a general feel (eastern Europe, south-west Asia, Africa type conflict ?).

Politically now it is not easy for a giant world family blockbuster to take that road (I am a bit curious what they will do with Tom Gun 2, would not be surprise if it is not a state vs state affair or real world setting), hard to do the action without being too brutal for too long.

I would have been impressed if they would have find a good storyline with using dinosaurs in a modern conflict has a weapon (and stick with it and not make the story about them not working has planned and shifting the story to something else)....

Bloodless PG-13 war zone movies should be an exact science.

A no-name country in Eastern Europe is always a safe bet. Just find a way to put the red head in a hot spot where dinos are on a seek and destroy and then have Pratt go in for the rescue.

I dunno, I feel like it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to make the military dinos work.

It just feels like Universal is on auto pilot for some reason.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

First of all, nothing can get worse than JP3 @ReyReyBattery

This looks incredibly stupid, just what i expected and wanted. This the fucking 5th (!!!!) Jurassic Park movie, a franchise that shouldnt logically have any sequels anyway! Its all nonsense from Lost World on! So i want the sillyness embraced and this looks like exactly that. Im there OD.

Btw, i remember the meltdowns from the first Star Trek Beyond Trailer. Just because a trailer is off doesnt mean the movie itself is bad.

I love this forum, but the doom and gloom-train is infull effect.

Watch this outgross Infinity War worldwide despite beeing just a super-dumb, super-fun-90s like Blockbuster. Just like JW before it. People like stupid awesomness.

The Star Trek Beyond trailer was awesome.

Basic bitches can't hang with the Beastie Boys.

What's great about the first Jurassic Park is that it does have that sense of wonder - the feeling that the dinosaurs are real and awe-inspiring and incredible. For me, once there starts to be a lot of human to dinosaur interaction/action (as per every other Jurassic Park/Jurassic World film), it just inevitably takes away a lot of the awe and the power. 

But how do you ever recreate the magic of the first? It is the only one that can really fully capitalize on the theme of humankind versus the natural world, and the characters' amazement of witnessing dinosaurs roaming the earth once again. For example, Jurassic World brought us back to the park, so to speak, but naturally it has turned into a theme park with massive attendance, and a kind of cynicism is going to creep in when a park of dinosaurs has now been open forever, and dinosaurs aren't new and awe-inspiring to humans. It's just another theme park trying to stay fresh to attract visitors. 

That is something I have wondered.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 4