kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

18 minutes ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

Over Infinity War.

Worldwide, thats not impossible i think. Domestically though, IW is the clear winner i dont see how FK could catch it in Trumpmerica.

10 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Worldwide, thats not impossible i think. Domestically though, IW is the clear winner i dont see how FK could catch it in Trumpmerica.

A movie about dino's running away from a Volcano is such intellectual moviemaking to celebrate.

i am not saying this movie is going to be dumb, just stating your comment makes no sense. 

4 hours ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Thats actually not how it works at all. 

Its def still getting worked on. The CUT is locked but lots of effects, color grading, sound stuff, adr, lots of shit to do finalize. 

Every time someone says "CGI will be improved by release" it's never improved after all. And the same case here, CGI won't be improved 100% at this stage, it'll look as shitty as in the trailers.

The current team behind JW completely forgot what the whole franchise is about and what makes it special, or they just never knew. GA doesn't care too, all they care about are dinosaurs, no matter how they look or how good plot and characters are. And this is very sad. JW2 looks like Fast & Furious meets first Jurassic World. At this point I completely lost interest in this franchise and it was one of my favorite franchises ever, I love the original JP trilogy. But I hope it'll be better than it looks after all.

45 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

i am not saying this movie is going to be dumb

It already looks very dumb.

Edited by Firepower

Even though I hate "Teasers for Trailers".   That was good and much better than the original trailer.  I get they want to hold some things back but you have to get that Dino action going.   Very excited.  First Solo had a good 2nd trailer now this is looking good for it's 2nd Trailer.  Remember, "Jurassic World" did over 1 Billion OS.   My early feelings is that it may drop domestically (ala The Lost World) but overseas could very well offset the balance.  

Just now, That Ambitious Guy said:

didn't notice that either.  really didn’t care.  didn’t take me out of the film.

Don't make me pull up a Steppenwolf clip

• Astonished 1

4 hours ago, Brainbug said:

The first Jurassic World made like 600 million domestic. While it might not beat Infinity War domestic, it's still going to be huge and it's still a small possibility.

I bet it's fun but some of the CGI in that truck scene looks pretty sloppy. Also weird to focus on that shot of surfers for a trailer preview (nm - missed the giant dinosaur right under them)?

Seems Universal has confidence in it though and sure it will do well with the GA just because of the brand.

Edited by somebody85