kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

1 hour ago, Chewy said:

So get ready for ppl to rant about JW2 betraying Goldblum's legacy and the villain being weak

As a huge fan of the original trilogy, I don't like where the franchise heads. JW was ok nostalgia ride, but this one looks like JW + F&F: dumb, sucked from the finger plot; stupid, crazy action sequences with big explosions and racing; another repeating of classic franchise quotes and moments, but during really dumb scenes; cliche and archetype characters like a comedy relief character with idiotic screams; weak creature effects, even animatronics here look like shit; no sense or message to say. Spielberg seriously dropped the ball as a producer and Trevorrow is a hack. This is first JP movie I have no excitment about.

Edited by Firepower
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Chewy said:

this = bringing JJ back

So get ready for ppl to rant about JW2 betraying Goldblum's legacy and the villain being weak

Looking forward to Goldblum drinking dino milk with swag. Uhm...uh...got milk?

15 minutes ago, aabattery said:

The JW video game looks incredible btw. So even if the movie is a stinker, at least we'll get one good JP related thing this year!

Coundt agree more. JW: Evolution is basically what us Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis fans have been wanting for a LONG time.

• Like 4

On 3/31/2018 at 10:11 AM, aabattery said:

The JW video game looks incredible btw. So even if the movie is a stinker, at least we'll get one good JP related thing this year!

from the studio behind Planet Coaster, which was an awesome theme park game.

• Like 1

I really believe people are underestimating this film, I'm not expecting it to top the first but 450+ should be doable.

I feel since a lot of the internet has turned on this film (or never liked it to begin with) they are letting that get in the way of their predictions. I've legit seen people saying sub 100m OW. :blink:

Edited by LOGAN'sLuckyRun
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

I really believe people are underestimating this film, I'm not expecting it to top the first but 450+ should be doable.

I feel since a lot of the internet has turned on this film (or never liked it to begin with) they are letting that get in the way of their predictions. I've legit seen people saying sub 100m OW. :blink:

Underestimating Jurassic Park films is nothing new. People tend to forget that 3 out of 4 films of this franchise broke the OW Record - and even the shithouse that is Jurassic Park III would have broken the Record in 2001 if it hadnt opened on a Wednesday.

Im not saying that Fallen Kingdom has a chance to break the OW Record because it hasnt. But im fully expecting a 160M+ OW. And Overseas it could match the 1B gross of JW.

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Brainbug said:

Underestimating Jurassic Park films is nothing new. People tend to forget that 3 out of 4 films of this franchise broke the OW Record - and even the shithouse that is Jurassic Park III would have broken the Record in 2001 if it hadnt opened on a Wednesday.

Im not saying that Fallen Kingdom has a chance to break the OW Record because it hasnt. But im fully expecting a 160M+ OW. And Overseas it could match the 1B gross of JW.

I can confirm that it's been marketed heavily over the pond in the UK. Literally all 6 films I've watched in the last 10 days have had the trailer beforehand (with muttering afterwards - mostly a good sign). Bare in mind that in those 6 was Peter Rabbit (very family friendly) and also A Quiet Place (placing it before a horror??)

Either way, I think Universal are pushing big here. And tbh, I think it will do big. My parents don't care for Infinity War, they haven't seen any of the others, but they'll definitely watch JW2.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

I can confirm that it's been marketed heavily over the pond in the UK. Literally all 6 films I've watched in the last 10 days have had the trailer beforehand (with muttering afterwards - mostly a good sign). Bare in mind that in those 6 was Peter Rabbit (very family friendly) and also A Quiet Place (placing it before a horror??)

Either way, I think Universal are pushing big here. And tbh, I think it will do big. My parents don't care for Infinity War, they haven't seen any of the others, but they'll definitely watch JW2.

Makes sense in the UK, since that was the 2nd biggest OS market for JW (100M, if im remembering correctly.)

• Like 1