kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

Wow, they took the "Teaser for the Trailer" and made that an official TV Spot for "The Walking Dead' last night and I think it worked just fine because that's a nice snippet.   That beach surf wave Scene might of stolen "The Meg" Thunder which also had that beach scene and using it in the posters too.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Dayum, tickets just went on sale here in the UK, SINCE WHEN DO WE GET IT ON JUNE 6TH?!

Since forever. It is releasing here on that day as well. Most OS markets are getting it on that weekend.

11 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Since forever. It is releasing here on that day as well. Most OS markets are getting it on that weekend.

Wow, early release overseas. Ranger Solo better make all the money it can quickly... I take it the Football (not Soccer) world cup in Russia is the reason..

Hadn't quite realised the US is getting it much later than everywhere else either. I thought it was the same weekend as the first one.

I'm not gonna be able to see it OW because of download :( sad times.

Running time might be 128 Minutes, so a bit longer than JW.

https://jurassicoutpost.com/uk-cinemas-list-jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-with-running-time-of-2-hours-and-8-minutes/

In conjunction with the US rating of the film, some UK cinemas have updated their pages for Fallen Kingdom, listing a running time: 128 minutes.

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

Running time might be 128 Minutes, so a bit longer than JW.

https://jurassicoutpost.com/uk-cinemas-list-jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-with-running-time-of-2-hours-and-8-minutes/

In conjunction with the US rating of the film, some UK cinemas have updated their pages for Fallen Kingdom, listing a running time: 128 minutes.

Criminal. Should be 150 minutes at least 

I've been getting this feeling for awhile that FK is going to drop even more than we're all anticipating. I don't know why, because I know Jurassic is one of the top franchises on the planet. I'm just not getting the event feel that would coincide with a $180M+ opening. I'm thinking more like $130M-$140M.

Just now, JB33 said:

I've been getting this feeling for awhile that FK is going to drop even more than we're all anticipating. I don't know why, because I know Jurassic is one of the top franchises on the planet. I'm just not getting the event feel that would coincide with a $180M+ opening. I'm thinking more like $130M-$140M.

Yeah but marketing has barely started 

2 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Dont forget that NOBODY saw JW open to more than 80-120M even days before it arrived. Jurassic Park films arent hype-driven, the only exception to that rule to date was The Lost World.

42 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Dont forget that NOBODY saw JW open to more than 80-120M even days before it arrived. Jurassic Park films arent hype-driven, the only exception to that rule to date was The Lost World.

That was more us being blind to the buzz then no buzz being there. Its not like if people just magically marched to the theatre that weekend. 

Remember the trailer for JW got more views than the Ultron Trailer. 

Based on what I have seen the buzz is down from JW1 by a decent margin but it will do 400 plus.

Nostalgia was the huge X-factor last time and that does not exist in this film.