kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

16 hours ago, CJohn said:

It looks like a generic manage your own park game. Graphics don't look all that great either.

:wintf:

Actually graphics look pretty impressive for a builder strategy game, which are usually not build for you to zoom all in. This actually holds up.

That said, i'm not gonna play it, it's not my type of game...

15 hours ago, John Marston said:

This is going to be a great movie. I think even people that didn’t like JW will like thins one. The director is almost overqualified for this movie 

The director is the only thing that gives me a little hope. The trailers surely didn't...

On 2018-03-31 at 11:11 AM, aabattery said:

The JW video game looks incredible btw. So even if the movie is a stinker, at least we'll get one good JP related thing this year!

It's from the developers of Planet Coaster so I have high hopes of it being solid.

At the same time it's from the developers of Planet Coaster so the PC requirements are going to be ludicrous.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

Over Infinity War.

I know some people might read that and say "No Way, Are you Crazy".  I would say to them, "Well Jurassic World Shattered Avengers OW Record and beat Ultron in a Head to Head".   It's not out of the realm of possibilities.   It's funny, "Ultron" lost to Jurassic and Star Wars that year.  Ironically they will have to face both franchises again this year.  I think it does have competition but I have a feeling like last time it's going to blow everything around it out of the water.   "Incredibles 2" is coming a week before and should do good but I don't think it's stopin "Jurassic 5".  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, filmscholar said:

I know some people might read that and say "No Way, Are you Crazy".  I would say to them, "Well Jurassic World Shattered Avengers OW Record and beat Ultron in a Head to Head".   It's not out of the realm of possibilities.   It's funny, "Ultron" lost to Jurassic and Star Wars that year.  Ironically they will have to face both franchises again this year.  I think it does have competition but I have a feeling like last time it's going to blow everything around it out of the water.   "Incredibles 2" is coming a week before and should do good but I don't think it's stopin "Jurassic 5".  

JW2 won't beat the opening weekend this time as buzz for the film is down from JW 1.

43 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

JW2 won't beat the opening weekend this time as buzz for the film is down from JW 1.

Look it's the 5th Film of the Franchise but Jurassic Park broke the OW Record 3 times already.  I wouldn't underestimate how much general audiences love this franchise.   It's much more a family film than any comic book movie.  I agree about overall buzz as the 4th Film had 13 year gap (Ala The Force Awakens).  Even if it drops off like "The Last Jedi" did, that's still over 450-500 range domestic.   I don't see much of a drop off overseas. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, filmscholar said:

Look it's the 5th Film of the Franchise but Jurassic Park broke the OW Record 3 times already.  I wouldn't underestimate how much general audiences love this franchise.   It's much more a family film than any comic book movie.  I agree about overall buzz as the 4th Film had 13 year gap (Ala The Force Awakens).  Even if it drops off like "The Last Jedi" did, that's still over 450-500 range domestic.   I don't see much of a drop off overseas. 

But yeah they have maybe 1 more filmafter this before the series is rather diminished though for a while.

1 hour ago, Lordmandeep said:

But yeah they have maybe 1 more filmafter this before the series is rather diminished though for a while.

Yeah this is probably the last "Big One".  I expect Jurassic 6 to drop, we all saw what happen with JPIII.   I will say this, this franchise does a great job letting the sequels breathe. I say Jurassic 6 for Summer 2021.  

JP 93'

JP LW: 4 Years Later 97'

JP III: 4 Years Later 01'

JW: 13 Years Later 15'

JW FK: 3 Years Later 18'

Wow, I forgot.  This is the 25th Anniversary of the first film (28th Anniversary of Michael's Novel) This Summer.  Amazing.  

Edited by filmscholar

39 minutes ago, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

Buzz for this film will most likely pick up sometime in May.

Films these days seem to have shorter/late marketing.

Is it to save on costs?

Yeah Jurassic world's buzz pretty much sprang up out of nowhere about 10 days before it opened and even then most expectations were still under 150. First tracking for it at the end of May was only for "over 100m". 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MattW said:

Yeah Jurassic world's buzz pretty much sprang up out of nowhere about 10 days before it opened and even then most expectations were still under 150. First tracking for it at the end of May was only for "over 100m". 

It was the shot in the trailer that mimicked an old Sea World show where the killer whale would jump out of the water to get a fish. The shot of that huge sea dinosaur jumping up to grab its shark meal, and how big it was compared to the great white shark it was eating, was stunning. 

That's what caused half of America to rush out on opening weekend, and the rest was history.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

I like this because he said 'life finds a way', and Ian Malcolm said that in the first movie and I like the first movie so I like this too because he also said it.

Spoiler
https://frinkiac.com/meme/S03E10/1102818.jpg?b64lines=IE9oLCBieSB0aGUgd2F5LCBJIHdhcwogYmVpbmcgc2FyY2FzdGljLiA=

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

I like this because he said 'life finds a way', and Ian Malcolm said that in the first movie and I like the first movie so I like this too because he also said it.

My favorite movies are the ones where people say stuff. Preferably words that I've heard before.

A Quiet Place made my noggin hurt because no one said anything. 1/10

6PDw4G3.png

Me in the theater afterwards

Edited by LOGAN'sLuckyRun

2 hours ago, a2knet said:

I hope to hear some quips and wit from Goldbloom not just sage premonitions.

He only has a cameo. Marketing is being very generous to him.  (And potentially misleading for audiences...)