K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

While Pratt has only been in blockbusters since his career took off (so he hasn't been fully tested as an independent leading man), it's quite obvious audiences love him.  They should pair him and JLaw in a rom-com and get an explosive hit.

Sony is way ahead of you - Passengers, starring Pratt and JLaw, starts filming in October.

• Like 1

Has this movie already been bootlegged? I'm seeing gifs/webms online and avoiding them like the plague. I've gotta go dark to avoid having the whole movie ruined for me before I see it tonight.

And Samuel L.Jackson is the King of The Universe...

JW will be a big success but not for Chris Pratt.

Bullshit. 

I repeat. Bullshit.

Almost everyone I know who's going to see this movie is just as excited about Pratt as they are about Dinosaurs. He was all over the promo.

This is much more a star vehicle than any of the previous JPs.

And this happens to be my working weekend just like when aou opened. Story of my life... Hopefully there're some big numbers to make up for all the funs I'm about to miss..

Tell your boss you have to miss work in order to follow the box office performance of Jurassic World.  ;)

• Like 1

I'd say the odds of this breaking the Saturday record of 69 million aren't that bad.

WOM for this movie is tremendous. I think there's legitimate a chance the opening weekend record is in play.

High projection: 80m total Friday, 75 Saturday, 55 Sunday. 210m ow
Mid range Projection: 70m total Friday, 60m Saturday, 45 Sunday: 175m ow which likely win it the summer
Low end: $65m total Friday, 55m Saturday, 40m Sunday: $160m ow

Odds of winning the summer looking decent at this point.

• Like 2