kayumanggi

MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS | 10 NOV 2017 | Fox

4 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

As someone who has never seen a real avalanche, it won't bother me either.  Getting worked up over stuff like whether or not every shot looks 100% realistic is silly imo. 

No-one got worked up, dude. :)

(Incidentally it's usually the 'how dare you criticize CGI' brigade that shouts loudest on the forum these days.)

Edited by Hatebox

18 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

See, I didn't notice and I don't think anyone else really did.  I think if you go into a film looking for those kinds of flaws then you aren't really invested in the film.  I was invested in the film at that point so I didn't pay attention to how realistic an avalanche looked.

No one goes into a film looking for flaws, that’s silly.

The shark in Jaws still looks great to me. Probably because they worked their asses off trying to make it work and applied real talent and craft. The CGI and compositing in this look crappy to me not because I want them to but because they just do. And yes it's far from the biggest problem with the movie but it's symptomatic of its general laziness.

53 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

The shark in Jaws still looks great to me. Probably because they worked their asses off trying to make it work and applied real talent and craft. The CGI and compositing in this look crappy to me not because I want them to but because they just do. And yes it's far from the biggest problem with the movie but it's symptomatic of its general laziness.

I loveJaws but the shark looks laughably fake. That's why they kept it off screen most of the movie 

53 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

I loveJaws but the shark looks laughably fake. That's why they kept it off screen most of the movie 

Just now, narniadis said:

Me too @75Live after Thor I was starting to worry lol. 

Can't wait to see this but probably gonna be DVD for me. 

well I wasn't crazy about Thor either.  May not dislike as much as him though :P

but yeah, I can't see this over the weekend so I will probably go or discount Tuesday which I think I need to take advantage of more, except for some major releases of course

1 hour ago, fmpro said:

Looks like a 14-17 mill OW i China

Do you think the reception is good? Using the multipliers we have seen recently (sub-2x mostly) that doesn't look like a strong ow imo. But hope it crosses 30m total.

1 hour ago, a2knet said:

Do you think the reception is good? Using the multipliers we have seen recently (sub-2x mostly) that doesn't look like a strong ow imo. But hope it crosses 30m total.

I doubt it. Its 8.3 on Maoyan wich is not good

15/25 could happen

• Thanks 1

And a few days ago, 200M WW looked like a brave prediction ;). What should we expect now? 250M maybe. To reach 300M WW it would need extremely good legs. I don't know but that seems too bold at the moment.
Edit: Who knows...there are many bigger markets to open yet: Brazil, Spain, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, France, Italy, Scandinavia...

Funny but also plausible that some members already consider what Poirot/A. Christie film could be next. I started to think about that too. And I really hope it‘s not Death on the Nile, which is admittetly very good material to make a film of but I know that too well. Not that one please and not Evil Under the Sun. But in general I would like to see some other Agatha Christie adaptions. If they're well made of course. And Then There Were Non is new to me.

Edited by el sid

The BBC miniseries of 'And Then There Were None' was good and all but it felt very...confined on the small screen. The book is really creepy while the miniseries was simply entertaining.

Then again, Branagh isn't the guy to pull that one off to be honest. Nile would be a good shout. 

Saw this today. I wasn’t overly impressed with it. The score had a standout moment there towards the end that really made things work much better than they had any right to. It wasn’t bad, just not overly engaging, exciting, or really entertaining. The cast was fine. The production design was solid... it’s a shame. I wish it well at the box office though because I want to see more stuff like this done, just hopefully better.

I felt the film needed to be a bit longer, if only to develop the characters who aren't Poirot some more.

For example

Spoiler

The Count and Countess are introduced for about 30 seconds in the first act, there's a neat little music cue when the Countess is introduced as if to highlight "this person is important" and then we don't see them again until about 2/3 of the way through the movie.

• Like 1