kayumanggi

RAMPAGE | 13 April 2018 | Warner Brothers | Dwayne Johnson

I'm sold on it being able to pull 150 or so, but not much more. You guys have to remember that once IW hits, this movie's run is basically over since two weeks later is DP and a week after is Solo. It has basically 2 weekends to gross most of what it's going to. IW will knock it down to low-ish grosses by its 3rd and it will be out of a lot of theaters after its 5th. 

Edited by MovieMan89

7 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I'm sold on it being able to pull 150 or so, but not much more. You guys have to remember that once IW hits, this movie's run is basically over since two weeks later is DP and a week after is Solo. It has basically 2 weekends to gross most of what it's going to. IW will knock it down to low-ish grosses by its 3rd and it will be out of a lot of theaters after its 5th. 

I disagree:

Apr 20: 60M (21.8M weekdays, 81.8M Total)

Apr 27: 35M (13.7M weekdays, 130.5M Total)

May 4: 18.5M (6.7M weekdays, 155.7M Total)

May 11: 11M (4M weekdays, 170.7M Total)

May 18: 5.3M (1.6M weekdays, 177.6M Total)

May 25: 2M (1.1M weekdays, 180.7M Total)

Final Total: 185M (3.08x)

This can be the only movie to have a sub-50% drop when IW opens (especially as the main alternative to sellouts), and it'll likely have a sub-50 drop the prior weekend because nothing of note is releasing. Deadpool is probably when the first substantial drop comes given the film will be in its fifth weekend and start shedding more theaters.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I disagree:

Apr 20: 60M (21.8M weekdays, 81.8M Total)

Apr 27: 35M (13.7M weekdays, 130.5M Total)

May 4: 18.5M (6.7M weekdays, 155.7M Total)

May 11: 11M (4M weekdays, 170.7M Total)

May 18: 5.3M (1.6M weekdays, 177.6M Total)

May 25: 2M (1.1M weekdays, 180.7M Total)

Final Total: 185M (3.08x)

This can be the only movie to have a sub-50% drop when IW opens (especially as the main alternative to sellouts), and it'll likely have a sub-50 drop the prior weekend because nothing of note is releasing. Deadpool is probably when the first substantial drop comes given the film will be in its fifth weekend and start shedding more theaters.

WOM will have to be really strong for this kind of movie to have that light of a second weekend hold. As for the third weekend, if you look at the history of huge openers during that first week of May, they always completely dominate everything else. The holdovers don't do well and everything else tends to gross below 10m. The last two Fast movies for example had bad drops against Ultron and Guardians 2 respectively. The only exception was the Jungle Book against Civil War, but that was a WOM driven family film so that's much different. I think a scenario like this is likely:

29 -50%

12.5 -57%

7 -42%

3.5 -50%

2 (for 4 day) -43%

3 (remaining weekends)

115m

145-155 total giving typical 74-78% weekend share of movies without holiday or summer weekdays

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TombRaider said:

crazy how someone untalented like the rock is the biggest movie star in the world

I used to think he was just a meat head but after watching Jumanji, the guy has genuine charisma and more ability than I gave him credit for, the GA love him. He also seems to be picking his projects wisely. 

I think this will take off and surprise people again, its the other big movies that need to be afraid.

Edited by AndyK
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

I highly doubt it DOM at least. 170 has to be the ceiling on both. 

True. I feel the comp (R+Sky vs J) seems a bit silly in hindsight :P. Rampage would have to do 250 odd and then if Sky does 160 they get to 410 combined, probably what Jumanji is looking at.