AniNate

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle | December 22 2017 | Special showings for Amazon Prime members on December 8

I have to admit, the trailers for this have gotten huge reactions from the audience on multiple occasions I've seen them in the theater. Tons of laughter. Starting to wonder if this could be a big breakout and do something like 200+ (which incidentally is about what the first one adjusts to). I know it has TLJ looming over it, but the rest of the Xmas releases don't look very appealing. Could be the vast majority's second choice over the holidays. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

Well, if even the Shay - who happens to be the snobbiest motherfucker, and often looks down on the unwashed General Public masses - ENJOYS the trailers so much he's thinking of seeing the movie THREE+ times while braying with laughter - well, you can do the math from there... :)

This will be the second biggest thing after Ep. 8.

Edited by shayhiri
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 11/15/2017 at 7:20 PM, babz06 said:

I really think this could do Night At the Museum numbers.

I'm kind of starting to agree. They've pimped this trailer in front of a boatload of movies and I must say the audience reaction in my theater always seems to be pretty emphatical with the laughter. Honestly seeing 200+. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

still don't get why KG is dressed like that, it just looks too ridiculous

The narrative reason is a satire on the oversexualization of female characters' outfits in both retro and modern video games.

KG's character thinks it is ridiculous too.

On 15/11/2017 at 6:23 PM, filmlover said:

I doubt it, that movie was released in a completely different box office era. Should at least clear $100M though like the original did, though.

I think this is way too low.  With the exception of TLJ, what else is there this holiday season that is going to get people excited, especially families?  I think this has a chance to be over 100 million by the end of the second weekend.

7 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

I think this is way too low.  With the exception of TLJ, what else is there this holiday season that is going to get people excited, especially families?  I think this has a chance to be over 100 million by the end of the second weekend.

Screen space is gonna be really tight between Star Wars consuming a ton of screens still (as well Ferdinand, which will still be making money) plus 4 other wide openers, not to mention some expanding Oscar contenders. A lot of places are gonna only be able to put it on one screen. Daddy's Home 1 numbers should be the goal.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

Screen space is gonna be really tight between Star Wars consuming a ton of screens still (as well Ferdinand, which will still be making money) plus 4 other wide openers, not to mention some expanding Oscar contenders. A lot of places are gonna only be able to put it on one screen. Daddy's Home 1 numbers should be the goal.

Yea, 150 would be really good.

• Like 1