kayumanggi

MARY POPPINS RETURNS | Disney | 12.19.18 | Rob Marshall directing | Emily Blunt, Lin Manuel Miranda

2 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

You know, i’m starting to get really tired of ”Mr. Anti-Disney” Hades there. Hating Disney for no other reason, despite the Disney villain name.

:unsure:......I am the actual Hades ....I was played by James Woods in the Disney flick...That was cool actually.

38 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

Purely anecdotal, but I don’t know a single person who’s interested in seeing this. Ever since the first teaser trailer dropped I’ve questioned who exactly this is aimed at, because it sure as hell isnt catching on with children. Singing nannies might have been all the rage back when the original came out, but I think the only people who will be guaranteed to turn out for this are people over 50 who grew up with the original. Kids will be dragging their parents to see Aquaman, Spider-Man and Bumblebee, and I think the latter two will be the leggier of the 4 films over the festive period despite lower openings.

I don’t think this is going to be as big as many have been predicting.

Yes. All those tickets being bought on Fandango Pulse are being bought by the singing nannies that have taken over the USA.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Nova said:

Yes. All those tickets being bought on Fandango Pulse are being bought by the singing nannies that have taken over the USA.

Solo was beating Black Panther in presales, yet it never even opened above $90M on OW. I’m very curious to see how this fares overseas, Europe and Australia might eat this film up but elsewhere such as Latin America, I’m not so sure.

9 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

Solo was beating Black Panther in presales, yet it never even opened above $90M on OW. I’m very curious to see how this fares overseas, Europe and Australia might eat this film up but elsewhere such as Latin America, I’m not so sure.

Because Star Wars is a presales franchise whereas Black Panther was more walk up driven. 

My point was that Mary Poppins sales on Fandango have been consistently high so someone is buying tickets. Whether it’s presales driven or has some walk up friendliness to it is yet to be seen but its doing very well in sales thus far. And personally I expect this to make a killing in predominantly English speaking countries and do average in other countries. 

I'm excited for this one and so is my 12 year old.  We both loved the original.  I don't really have any interest in Bumblebee or Aquaman. Wish them well, but not my kind of movie.  I'd love to see Spiderman, but the animation style in the trailer really bothered my eyes.  I don't think I could take a whole movie like that. 

We'll be seeing this one Christmas Day.

Edited by sabrecmc

3 minutes ago, Heat Vision said:

Seems like this film is bad but critics are scared to go against Disney.

Funny. Several reviews, both positive and negative, I've read for this have a bit of anti-Disney stigma to them. The AV Club review in particular seems like the dude has an issue with Disney rather than the film itself. We also just had not one but two major Disney tentpoles come out this year and earn negative reviews as well. Almost as if critics are their own independent hive mind and don't care about the evil Mouse overlords.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1