kayumanggi

CHARLIE'S ANGELS | 15 NOVEMBER 2019 | Sony | Elizabeth Banks directing. Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, Ella Balinska

1 hour ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

58% Rotten by critics now, but it seems those non-critics that watched it at least thinks its ok or better

only 79 reviews by critics on release day, Sony hid this to the last minute

Not really. They let the high profile critics see it on Tuesday night. Hardly “hidden”.  

11 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Not really. They let the high profile critics see it on Tuesday night. Hardly “hidden”.  

The movie started to play Wednesday to regular paying customer... that pretty much hiding it as long as you realistically can.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dudalb said:

And another SONY attempt at jump starting a franchise fails.

Even if the film manages to make back it's budget it is not going to do well enough to launch a franchise.

SONY just can't seem to get a franchise going besides the Spiderverse.

Jumanji is doing pretty good. It's just that some reboots/sequels are totally unnecessary. and the casting didn't help.

Next one to flop is Bad Boys 3

Edited by Alli

9 minutes ago, Alli said:

Jumanji is doing pretty good. It's just that some reboots/sequels are totally unnecessary. and the casting didn't help.

Next one to flop is Bad Boys 3

My bad,Jumanji has been a success for Sony.

But Jumanji, for its' success, is not a replacement for the loss of 007, and that is what SONY is really looking for,without much success.

Agreed , they need to look beyond reboots for successful franchises, it is not, except for Jumanji, working out for them.

8 minutes ago, dudalb said:

But Jumanji, for its' success, is not a replacement for the loss of 007, and that is what SONY is really looking for,without much success.

Jumanji probably made them more money than all their 007 movies they made put together........

007 was smaller for them then Adam Sandler Grown Up franchise.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 4

This was really good and funny, but I'm not surprised it is flopping. Cinema is a dead zone and I'm waiting for the next technology which will replace current cinema. If streaming is the future, I think they can to do better than its current system.

• Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

4 hours ago, Litio said:

This was really good and funny, but I'm not surprised it is flopping. Cinema is a dead zone and I'm waiting for the next technology which will replace current cinema. If streaming is the future, I think they can to do better than its current system.

It's not that deep, i think people is getting tired of reboots and sequels in general, look at Terminator, MIB or Dark Phoenix. Movies like Parasite, Rocketman and OUATIH show that when a movie is good people will see it on cinemas but Sony doesn't attract massive audience besides Spider-Man and Jumanji. That's why i think Little Women won't be a big hit even with Oscar buzz...it's another remake and the competition late-December is insane

• Haha 1

On 11/15/2019 at 11:34 PM, TheUndertaker said:

Could even miss 100M WW, right?

20 dom (8 ow) + 15 china (8 ow) = 35 dom+china

needs 65 os-china to get to 100 ww.

i think that's a small amount and it could get there despite floppage. we may not know for quiet a while due to a staggered release.

Offshore, the Angels will have a well-staggered rollout in Brazil, China, Korea and Russia this weekend. After that, the movie takes a break, likely to make way for the all female-skewing Frozen 2 next weekend. Charlie’s Angels will continue releasing through the end of the year and into early 2020.

Edited by a2k
  • ...wtf 2

22 hours ago, SMmadrid90 said:

It's not that deep, i think people is getting tired of reboots and sequels in general, look at Terminator, MIB or Dark Phoenix. Movies like Parasite, Rocketman and OUATIH show that when a movie is good people will see it on cinemas but Sony doesn't attract massive audience besides Spider-Man and Jumanji. That's why i think Little Women won't be a big hit even with Oscar buzz...it's another remake and the competition late-December is insane

It certainly doesn’t help that they’re being made by filmmakers who can’t seem to make anything unique out of them. Like, where’s the Lord/Miller mindset in these filmmakers?

Edited by Jay Beezy