Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 minute ago, 2kt09 said:

The mouse doesn't own them. WB does.

This ordeal reminded me of Amy Schumer & Netflix having to change their rating system.

WB doesn't either. It's NBCUniversal (Comcast) that has the majority share.

Just now, DeeCee said:

James Cameron 

and

Disney

Present

Right now the biggest question mark for Avatar 2 is Disney, everything was perfect until they did the Fox Merger.

Hopefully Jim takes his IP and gets another studio produce 4&5 (those aren't greenlit yet because no deal has been met)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

They'll likely still be Disney. If 2 and 3 do well why leave for someone else?

For a better deal of course.

If Disney won't do fair rates like give Jim the majority of the profits, then he can just go somewhere else.

Also they will do well, no if about it.

• Like 2

Disney is very invested in Avatar currently. They're dedicated not just to the success of the upcoming movies but also to the theme parks and merchandising as well. As a fan who cares only about the franchise and none of the studio bureaucracy, I prefer Jim stay with Disney because it means potentially more Avatar stuff for me to enjoy outside the movies. It seems to be a mutually beneficial agreement for now at least. 

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

For a better deal of course.

If Disney won't do fair rates like give Jim the majority of the profits, then he can just go somewhere else.

Also they will do well, no if about it.

I am curious how this is going to pan out. I know Cameron went to Weta workshop to work on the CGI, and Disney owns the competition, ILM, so who would win out in this? Personally, I like Weta more.

Jim went to Disney with the first Avatar after Fox shot it down intially. Between that, and Disney being invested in Avatar with the parks, there's no real reason ehy Jimbo would leave, barring major creative differences. Even then, I think they know to just leave him to his work.

6 minutes ago, Warhorse said:

I am curious how this is going to pan out. I know Cameron went to Weta workshop to work on the CGI, and Disney owns the competition, ILM, so who would win out in this? Personally, I like Weta more.

Didn't Weta do Jungle Book?

Nvm they didn't. They did do Thor Ragnorok though

Edit 3: they did. Along with Guardians Vol 2 and Infinity War and Endgame 

Edited by RobrtmanAStarWarsReference

1 hour ago, DeeCee said:

ILM worked on the first Avatar late in the game.

https://www.cnet.com/news/ilm-steps-in-to-help-finish-avatar-visual-effects/

ILM rendered the whole last act because Weta couldn't handle the giganti cwork load.

MPC did Jungle Book + Weta for the Monkey act.

Maybe some other companies than Weta will work on Avatar 2 because it will be a giant VFX movie.

8 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

I am so confused. Who owns the Avatar characters, stories, and overall universe? Cameron, Disney, Fox? Lightstorm? What does the Disney/Fox merger mean in regard to the profit from Avatar films?

Bit hard to find info, when Avatar get into a copyright sued the defendant than to be 3 people, Fox, Lightstorm and Cameron himself.

The deal for Disney attraction park was between Fox and Lightstorm (Cameron company), sometime they add Dune ent, Ingenious film partner has well..

8 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

A few hundreds of people on the internet don't mean anything in the grand scheme of things.

certain anti-YT-clips had within ~ 4 days ~ 1/2 million of clicks. Still agree to the second part of your sentence

3 hours ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

I am so confused. Who owns the Avatar characters, stories, and overall universe? Cameron, Disney, Fox? Lightstorm? What does the Disney/Fox merger mean in regard to the profit from Avatar films?

Cameron owns the Avatar IP

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If you're tired of reading me talking about Snyder don't open the spoiler, but I have to get it out of my system

Spoiler

I still can't get over this. WB had the nerve to put out a trailer in late July that promised a Zack Snyder-style movie, using the Superman score composed by Hans Zimmer and Junkie XL, and didn't feature any of the garbage Joss Whedon had shot. I feel abused. I will never get over this.

Why would they even do this, the theatrical cut look SO horrible. It's so bad. This trailer is so good. Why would they do that? Why? The movie didn't even make money. No one liked it, there's no sequel coming, no Superman movie, no Batfleck movie, no Cyborg movie, no Flash movie. Ruining Justice League didn't do any good to anyone. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

If you're tired of reading me talking about Snyder don't open the spoiler, but I have to get it out of my system

Hide contents

I still can't get over this. WB had the nerve to put out a trailer in late July that promised a Zack Snyder-style movie, using the Superman score composed by Hans Zimmer and Junkie XL, and didn't feature any of the garbage Joss Whedon had shot. I feel abused. I will never get over this.

Why would they even do this, the theatrical cut look SO horrible. It's so bad. This trailer is so good. Why would they do that? Why? The movie didn't even make money. No one liked it, there's no sequel coming, no Superman movie, no Batfleck movie, no Cyborg movie, no Flash movie. Ruining Justice League didn't do any good to anyone. 

I'll say this WB either should have committed to Snyder's vision until JL if they were supposedly so confident in giving him free reign over the DCEU or if they wanted to get rid of him after BvS then do it before production started and delay Justice League for a couple of months. They tried to have it both ways and it showed in the final film.

32 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Reveal hidden contents

Wtf is this trailer I want to see this movie.

• Like 1