Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

If Todd Phillips is so intent on making a "real movie" he should be prepared to actually answer real questions, especially when the government and police also have expressed very real concerns as well. The Trump DoD is not the "far left" by any stretch of the imagination. Unless you think they're in on the plot to orchestrate mass shootings like the press supposedly is?

Speaking of answering the real questions, why don't you answer for the fact that you purposely misconstrued what victims of a shooting had said so that you could create a false narrative just because you're a fanboy. Why don't you answer for this? Do you have no ethics?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Ororo Munroe said:

Just saw that Todd Phillips blamed the "far left" for the controversy over Joker, lol. Couple that with his "real movie" comments and basically calling Keanu a white man and I'm even more convinced that this man has no thoughtful social commentary to offer with this movie. It's good that WB isn't allowing interviews at the premiere because he's very likely to say something ignorant or cringey. 

John Wick is white though. And I'm sure you were convinced you weren't going to like this movie before those comments. It's just that what he said now gives you a reason to voice your bias.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, TMP said:

The Irishman already certified fresh at 41 reviews, while fellow De Niro joint Joker still hasn't got it at 127 reviews. Sad!

What a disgrace. The Irishman should be banned in all countries. A movie that glorifies crime and gang life for 3 hours and 20 minutes. We can deal with it being 3 hours, but the extra 20 minutes will ensure that the ignorant white man will now try to become a gangster and commit crimes! Disgusting! /s

• Like 1

Just now, The Chad DC said:

What a disgrace. The Irishman should be banned in all countries. A movie that glorifies crime and gang life for 3 hours and 20 minutes. We can deal with it being 3 hours, but the extra 20 minutes will ensure that the ignorant white man will now try to become a gangster and commit crimes! Disgusting! /s

Gotta add extra security to all the home theaters playing Irishman on their Netflix accounts. Also it's 3 hours 29 minutes... get it right.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TMP said:

The Irishman already certified fresh at 41 reviews, while fellow De Niro joint Joker still hasn't got it at 127 reviews. Sad!

I believe the Rotten Tomatoes criteria states that non theatrical or limited release movies can be certified fresh with only 40 or so reviews. 

• Astonished 1

19 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

Lol 

It truly is something to see you lot resort to name calling because you can't handle criticism of this movie.  Pretty clear that Phillips himself wanted this awards bait rip off to be seen as a "real movie" which makes it all the more hilarious to see him complain about no one questioning "white man" Keanu killing peope in John Wick. Lol! 

Joker could be considered awards bait in 70s-early 2000s, but 2019 oscar bait is a completely different movie. There's no legit criticism from your woke friends, just absurd controversy and headlines for clicks and traffic.

On a lighter note (I hope), I noticed an interesting parallel between Batman and Spider-Man. Back in the Summer of 2012, we got a Spider-Man reboot and a third Batman movie that were released a few weeks apart from each other. In the Summer of 2021, we’ll be getting a Batman reboot and a third Spider-Man movie released a few weeks apart. 

Just thought that was fun to point out. 

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

The Irishman is the first certified fresh De Niro movie in 6 years, not poor Joker.

First of many... Irishman, then Joker, then his team up with DiCaprio in 2021 (or 2022 depending on how long Marty edits). Career retrospectives will say he just took a very long break between Jackie Brown and Joker, thereby preserving his filmography as being untouchable (and including De Palma's The Untouchables)

• Knock It Off 1

1 hour ago, MrGlass2 said:

You mean, award-winning. And didn't you make fun of people judging the quality of the movie before watching it?

Huh? It is an awards bait movie, we know he took "inspiration" from other movies. I don't need to have seen the movie to know this to be true. 

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

John Wick is white though. And I'm sure you were convinced you weren't going to like this movie before those comments. It's just that what he said now gives you a reason to voice your bias.

Lol I have already made it clear that I think Todd Phillips is a mediocre filmmaker who has nothing interesting to say with this movie. His recent comments only further confirm that. That is basically what I said in my post. 

Also, did I miss the part in the John Wick movies where it's confirmed that he has two white parents? 

Edited by Ororo Munroe

46 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

This thread has reached a new low we previously didn't even know was possible.

Didn't know you hated discussion about Martin Scorsese's The Irishman, only in select theaters November 1 and Netflix on November 27, that much

1 hour ago, The Chad DC said:

Speaking of answering the real questions, why don't you answer for the fact that you purposely misconstrued what victims of a shooting had said so that you could create a false narrative just because you're a fanboy. Why don't you answer for this? Do you have no ethics?

LMAO @Firepower accused the press of plotting literal terrorism and loosely paraphrasing what the Aurora victims said is a bridge too far?

50 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

Huh? It is an awards bait movie, we know he took "inspiration" from other movies. I don't need to have seen the movie to know this to be true. 

Lol I have already made it clear that I think Todd Phillips is a mediocre filmmaker who has nothing interesting to say with this movie. His recent comments only further confirm that. That is basically what I said in my post. 

Also, did I miss the part in the John Wick movies where it's confirmed that he has two white parents? 

Nah, I think your mind had already confirmed that you won't like the movie before those comments. I'm pretty sure that what he said in an interview didn't change much. You just have a point that isn't just "I hate this movie I haven't already seen". If you think Philips has nothing interesting to say then say that after watching the movie instead of based on some offhand comments he made. I guess Inarittu has nothing interesting to say because he called superhero movies the scum of the film industry.

Also did you miss the part where Wick's a Ruska Romani Belurusian? It's highly unlikely that he had any Asian heritage. And all this conversation and outrage about Philips calling Reeves a white man (which he didn't) really doesn't matter in the end and only a weird diversion from the argument Philips was making. 

And I don't get what's wrong with what Philips said. Is John Wick execused because it throws away all morality (John Wick IS not a good person) and replaces it with cool action sequences?

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

LMAO @Firepower accused the press of plotting literal terrorism and loosely paraphrasing what the Aurora victims said is a bridge too far?

I guess you have problems with reading my posts. I said that press is spreading panic and mass histeria around the movie, most of them do that unintentionally with their "hot takes" and taking quotes out of context for clicks and traffic, maybe some of them are really psyhos, who knows, but I didn't say that about each and every outlet.

Edited by Firepower
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

I believe the Rotten Tomatoes criteria states that non theatrical or limited release movies can be certified fresh with only 40 or so reviews. 

It does, although it's 80 for wide-releases and Joker has 127, so more than enough

Movies and TV shows are Certified Fresh with a steady Tomatometer of 75% or higher after a set amount of reviews (80 for wide-release movies, 40 for limited-release movies, 20 for TV shows), including 5 reviews from Top Critics.

Of course The Irishman has 100% at 41 reviews which means it has virtually no chance of going under the 75% threshold. Joker can still easily go under 75%.

Overall I can't say if Joker is getting an unfair treatment or not. Do they normally wait longer when the score is close to 75% or are they supposed to give it right away when it passes 80 reviews and maintains 75%? The issue here is once they grant it, they don't remove it even if it goes below 75%, but if they wait long enough for it to go below the threshold (which it might), they might not have to ever certify it.

Ya know, those who keep making things about white men, white men, WHITE MEN are the most divisive of all.

I'm sick and tired of reading people, in the media and otherwise, make everything about skin color and gender, especially when it comes to white men.

Fuck off and dont you dare claim the moral high ground, that you're somehow promoting unity. You're not. You're just against white men, which is literally no better or different. Simple as that.

/rant.

Edited by JB33
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1