CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

10 minutes ago, Kraken said:

I think I prefer Fox: X Men, Planet of the Apes, Alien. And they just gave Predator to Shane Black. 

Fox's franchises are very underrated. Alien and Predator have struggled to find their groove back but I think they are heading in the right direction. I can't remember the last time I knowingly watched a Sony movie.

Edited by Heat Vision
  • Like 1

Just now, Napoleon said:

I didn't deny that. I know there's people who hate him. That's exactly what I'm talking about. It's kinda sad to see someone spending their day envying and hating someone. There are plenty of directors I don't like, and I don't go online to hate on them. Nobody sane does that. You know I'm right.

I'm not seeing this movie in theaters but that's not because I hate Zach Snyder. It's because of everything I've heard and read. I actually really like some of his movies. Like I've said in the past his Dawn Of The Dead remake is one of my favorite horror movies ever. I enjoyed 300 a lot.

A lot of people are upset at him over the way he handled these characters though. The movie isn't being disliked just because of Snyder. It's being disliked for a lot of reasons just like it's being loved for those same reasons. Again it's very divisive.

13 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Did James like it? Seems like all the anti-SW people liked it (me self included)

When I first watched it I put it as second best after ROTS. After a rewatch I rank it no. 3, behind ROTS and AOTK. It is the definition of lackluster for me: it has nothing to make it rise from the 1000 movies that come out every year, in either a good or a bad way. Basically it is not good and not bad. It just is. And this comes from the lack of depth: no big themes behind it. And it is not shinny enough so it can support itself solely on that either, like TF does for example.  

Edited by James

1 minute ago, Ozymandias said:

I reeally want to see this because of the uproar over it but money is reeeeally tight for me right now.  Might wait for a bootleg :ph34r:

But one of my friends just saw it and said its "probably the most baffling big studio release hes seen in the last 10 years" and that "almost nothing about it works"

Yeah, I really want to this.

It's honestly probably the most deflated I have ever felt from seeing a movie that I was always (and by "always" I mean "since I was little") excited to see. I went in with low expectations and it still went beneath them.

8 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

So one pic from one dude (and one that leaps to a particular conclusion) now constitutes "underwhelming merchandise sales"? And you have the temerity to use this in the same post asking why we can't all discuss this like adults?

Adults don't search Twitter for movie hashtags looking for arguments to bolster their opinion about a movie featuring dudes in spandex punching each other. Rational people have a reaction what they watched and they move on. What's happening on our forums (and elsewhere) is basically the equivalent of angry teenage shippers flipping out over people who ship different couples. 

Buffy/Spike owns buffy/Angel

7 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

So one pic from one dude (and one that leaps to a particular conclusion) now constitutes "underwhelming merchandise sales"? And you have the temerity to use this in the same post asking why we can't all discuss this like adults?

Adults don't search Twitter for movie hashtags looking for arguments to bolster their opinion about a movie featuring dudes in spandex punching each other. Rational people have a reaction what they watched and they move on. What's happening on our forums (and elsewhere) is basically the equivalent of angry teenage shippers flipping out over people who ship different couples. 

I'm laughing at this :rofl: If even MOS with all the killing controversy generated huge merchandising sales for DC, imagine BVS with Wonder Woman for the girls, and Batman who is even more popular than Superman. No wonder this guy didn't understand the movie...

8 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I didn't search it. It showed up in my timeline. Jumping to conclusions isn't something that adults should do either, neither using ad hominem attacks to support their arguments. I expected better than this from you. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TommyA10 said:

The Earth loves iProducts more than anything. Fast cars and beers are no match for it. :P 

I'm more of a fast cars and beer guy myself but can't really argue with that since I'm posting this from my iPhone.. :lol: 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I find stanning for individual movie studios to be pointless to be honest (unless you're Disney and therefore even more powerful than Oprah Winfrey). After all, they all have the same essential agenda: churn out stuff to take your hard-earned cash and giving you nothing in return other than hoping that you enjoy the movie in question. I have made equal contributions to WB, Sony, and Fox over the years so...

I say it all the time but rooting for a movie franchise isn't any worse than rooting for a sports franchise.

I'd argue that rooting for a movie franchise is more fun and interesting because of the various creativity and business aspects involved.

Argh. This thread has become inhospitable. Every time I come here it's the same shit after the same shit. wtf

Is this kind of character manifested offline? Who would want to be with such a person? Seriously.

Edited by kayumanggi
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Had two of them on either side of me yesterday doing the same thing. Ridiculous. A film like Batman Returns would struggle with the ADD crowd. Luckily it came out at the right time and was guaranteed to be a hit thanks to B89. 

Yeah I've been fortunate enough to not see it in big movies like TFA where no one would dare do it but other times, not so much.

I think during Deadpool someone sitting next to me would pull out his phone every 10 minutes and scroll down. And I'm just thinking why? Is Facebook that freaking important. 

Those are the people who have ruined horror movies because studios think audiences won't pay attention, so they throw in all these jump scares instead of actually building tension.

A movie like Jacob's Ladder could probably never exist nowadays either. It's sad.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

I'm not seeing this movie in theaters but that's not because I hate Zach Snyder. It's because of everything I've heard and read. I actually really like some of his movies. Like I've said in the past his Dawn Of The Dead remake is one of my favorite horror movies ever. I enjoyed 300 a lot.

A lot of people are upset at him over the way he handled these characters though. The movie isn't being disliked just because of Snyder. It's being disliked for a lot of reasons just like it's being loved for those same reasons. Again it's very divisive.

That's fine. But I'm not talking about you, or people who didn't like BVS specifically. I'm talking about people who have been hating Him in a obsessive way since the day I came to this forum, you can see that's not normal or mentally healthy behavior.

9 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Huh? I don't even think they were the most interesting runs of their respective years, let alone all-time. 

You're such an asshole when it comes to Potter. Do you realise how much you bash Potter but are silent about other series? You know WHAT?

Your opinion. What a fucking shame. Your signature still makes me wonder whether or not you showed your son Potter...and knowing your venom towards Potter, I'm sure you haven't.

Bye, Felicia.

• Like 1