kayumanggi

CATS | DIGITAL FUR TECH TO LOSE 113.2M IN LITTER BOX | December 20, 2019 | #ReleaseTheButtholeCut

42 minutes ago, Nova said:

Seems pretty successful to me 

That list is based on inverted chart points and isn't accurate. And I was referring to her talent as a singer. She fails at that. Anyway I'm not gonna derail this thread anymore with Taylor arguments. Everyone has a different opinion. It aint that deep

6 hours ago, HeadShot said:

Having a long career doesn't make an artist talented. She's a shitty singer and thankfully the GP has caught up since her career is over.

Her career is over when her most recent album is one of the biggest ones of the year and is doing even better than her previous album? Ok... 

• Like 1

I like the song a lot! Not my favorite but it's beautiful and while I'm first to admit Taylor isn't exactly Whitney Houston I think she sounds great in this one. It's better song than this probably terrible furry-bait movie deserves

Also, I don't want to derail this thread any further but it's absolutely hilarious to act like she isn't one of the most successful and influential artists of all time. She has shaped modern country and pop music, broken literally hundreds of records, won ridiculously many awards and pretty much made many people's careers (like Ed Sheeran and Shawn Mendes). During the last election she almost turned Tennessee blue. So many artists and people in the industry including probably your faves are taking after her. I doesn't matter whether you like her or not, these are just simple facts.

But anyways, can't wait to see this clusterfuck:stirthepot:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

3 hours ago, HeadShot said:

That list is based on inverted chart points and isn't accurate. And I was referring to her talent as a singer. She fails at that. Anyway I'm not gonna derail this thread anymore with Taylor arguments. Everyone has a different opinion. It aint that deep

A certain singer from Tupelo, MS is mysteriously absent from that list.

The song is good - I like it and the musicality of it. But as I was listening to it I kept thinking the song sounds awfully familiar, like I've already heard this before from Cats. I'm not very familiar with the musical/story of Cats, but I did some searching, and sure enough, to me, this song sounds like a close relative of 'Memory'. Musically, it almost feels like they wanted a song in a similar vein to Memory, but was new, so they could have an eligible original song for the Oscars.

Peace,

Mike

Edited by MikeQ

15 hours ago, HeadShot said:

Taylor Swifts line of work is being a singer - which she fails at. 

It's okay if you don't enjoy Taylor's music. People have different tastes. But considering she sells a lot of songs and album, touches people with her songs, and is still one of the most popular artists right now, I would say she's far from being a failure as a singer/artist. Yeah she's not Celine Dion, voice-wise, but the fact that a LOT of people are buying her work, means that they enjoy her voice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, TMP said:

!!!

Sounds like a threat.

To be fair, I saw the trailer on the big screen for the first time in a theater and it works better there. Still off, but not as awkwards as watching it on youtube. 

Another thing I thought: I really didn't like Jennifer Hudsons version of "Memories". The German version fits much better, even though it's usually the other way round. 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jul/21/film-trailer-cats-ts-eliot

Although that weirdness has been exhaustively overstated, the teaser still makes for peculiar viewing. Idris Elba, James Corden, Judi Dench: thanks to an estimated budget of £230m and some state-of-the-art CGI, they and a hodgepodge of others have been transmogrified so that their faces top fluffy bodies. 

£230 mil = $300 mil.

:hahaha:

biggest disaster of the year.