kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

2 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

I searched it up and apparently this movie has a $250M budget. Meaning it needs $625.00M to break even. Anything lower is a flop

How did they spend 250 million in a Deadpool movie movie?????

bro Disney’s doomed 

Edited by leoh
  • ...wtf 1

So even if this makes a solid $750M, on a $250M budget that'll only mean like $100M-ish in profit (based on Love and Thunder profit breakdown). Which is good but underwhelming considering the previous two Deadpool movies did $322M and $235M profit.

Mad Looney Tunes GIF by MOODMAN

Edited by HummingLemon496
  • ...wtf 1

8 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Idk Disney is just SO ridiculous with these budgets. 

I mean it’s an r rated movie they won’t have the same reach as a conventional marvel PG 13 movie

plus Fox 2016 Deadpool movie costed a fraction of 250M. Disney’s been def spoiling Marvel for years 

I guess how much will cost Sam’s Captain America anfter all the reshoots

Edited by leoh

$140M/$365M 

$815M WW

Purely based on the teaser and expecting solid reviews. 

This not trending on twitter is a worrying sign though. Maybe the general public doesn't care anymore about mcu. I don't know. Let's see what the view count on trailers will be worldwide. 

The next trailer has to be awesome for me to bump predictions. 

Edited by marveldcfox

10 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

So even if this makes a solid $750M, on a $250M budget that'll only mean like $100M-ish in profit (based on Love and Thunder profit breakdown). Which is good but underwhelming considering the previous two Deadpool movies did $322M and $235M profit.

Mad Looney Tunes GIF by MOODMAN

Disney is useless with budgets. They overspend. I feel like a lot of it goes waste in reshoots/retakes/catering and what not. At fox, this same movie wouldn't have costed more than 150M.

1 minute ago, marveldcfox said:

$140M/$365M 

$815M WW

Purely based on the teaser and expecting solid reviews. 

This not trending on twitter is a worrying sign though. Maybe the general public doesn't care anymore about mcu. I don't know. Let's see what the view count on trailers will be worldwide. 

The next trailer has to be awesome for me to bump predictions. 

It's not trending because the Super Bowl has pretty much overtaken twitter for the day.

2 hours ago, Manny G said:

Shocking it’s not  trending at all. A Deadpool movie let alone a hyped one like  this one not trending is just wow. Especially when movies like Twister or Wicked were able to enter the top20

29 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

This is absolutely not true, it was trending with 159k tweets. Reynolds post alone has 150+k likes.

SEO.

Twisters and Wicked are both one word titles so Twitter registers every post with that single word.

Deadpool gets broken into Deadpool, Deadpool3, Deadpool 3, DeadpoolWolverine, and Deadpool and Wolverine, and DeadpoolAndWolverine. There could be way more posts about the movie  but the variatIons of titles mean no hashtag trends.

Edited by AJG

21 minutes ago, leoh said:

How did they spend 250 million in a Deadpool movie movie?????

bro Disney’s doomed 

I think it’s more in salary than production, if you’re Reynold coming into this you’re not asking less than $30M

2 minutes ago, AJG said:

SEO.

Twisters and Wicked are both one word titles so Twitter registers every post with that single word.

Deadpool gets broken into Deadpool, Deadpool3, Deadpool 3, DeadpoolWolverine, and Deadpool and Wolverine, and DeadpoolAndWolverine. There could be way more posts about the movie  but the variatIons of titles mean no hashtag trends.

You know what did get trending?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This looks fine to me, just like the other Deadpool flicks were. I doubt anyone who isn't on board with the whole vibe of these movies was ever going to be persuaded by anything at this point.

Have a feeling there's even more surprise cameos for the Fox X-Men characters in the minute if they brought Aaron Stanford out of obscurity for an appearance.

19 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Who is this random person?  I clicked on their profile to see if they are just nailing box office predictions and the Reddit user has Kung Fu Panda opening to 85M and Dune 50M. Probably should follow someone else with better takes.  

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1