CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

Blade Runner 2049 was my favorite film of 2017. This'll probably be my most anticipated film for that year (we'll see what my man Edgar Wright and Chris Nolan are packing with the former's psychological horror film and the latter's untitled event film).

All I know for sure is that I really want to watch the 1984 film now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just watched the Jodorowsky doc. His glee at finding the Lynch film to be a failure was :rofl: 

Wonder how much of the Moebius, Giger and Foss designs will be used in this film. Also, will WB setting this for Nov 2020 impact Ava DuVernay's New Gods, which I assume wouldn't be much long after? Both properties have many similarities. Can't wait for to see the visual aesthetics for both films.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Wonder how much of the Moebius, Giger and Foss designs will be used in this film

Probably none? Sounds very much like Denis' interpretation of the text through & through, and Alcon/WB/Sony already gave him a hands-off approach with Blade Runner 2049 so I'd assume the same would happen here with Legendary/WB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spidey Freak said:

Just watched the Jodorowsky doc. His glee at finding the Lynch film to be a failure was :rofl: 

Wonder how much of the Moebius, Giger and Foss designs will be used in this film. Also, will WB setting this for Nov 2020 impact Ava DuVernay's New Gods, which I assume wouldn't be much long after? Both properties have many similarities. Can't wait for to see the visual aesthetics for both films.

It's a very fascinating documentary

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

It's a very fascinating documentary

It is. Too bad that odd rape analogy took me out of it for a bit because then I couldn't stop thinking that Jodorowsky was one of those. Googled it after the movie only to have my suspicions confirmed in the most awful way possible.

Back to the project though, I still wish the designs by the other (non-rapey) artists he had assembled had made it to some adaptation or the other. Satoshi Kon would have killed it if he had crafted a Dune animated movie based on the concepts.