grim22

Terminator: Dark Fate | Nov 1 2019 | Estimated to lose 122.6M

7 hours ago, shayhiri said:

2. This movie has THE BEST EVER fake/young actors CGI! First time in fucking history the uncanny valley is 100% officially gone. They (the people who did this scene) can do anything from now on.

Meh. Settle down. Two of the three were really great, sure, but we're talking a few seconds. Also, I'm curious if it's the same process as the likes of GM and CM or a CG clone of the actors. If it's the latter, Logan already did it almost perfectly, for far more extended sequences. 

A little bit good news:

In China, "Dark Fate" is doing well in the pre-sell of thurs midnight screening; it is beating "Weathering With You" by a not-so-small margin.   ( "Weathering With You" is the new film from the director of "Your Name.", which enjoyed big box office success in China.)

https://piaofang.maoyan.com/dashboard?date=2019-10-31

("Your Name." grossed $84 million in China, whiie "Terminator Genisys" grossed $113 million.)

I guess "Dark Fate" will gross higher in China than in US, but "Dark Fate" is still going to be the biggest money loser in 2019.

5 minutes ago, John2015 said:

A little bit good news:

In China, "Dark Fate" is doing well in the pre-sell of thurs midnight screening; it is beating "Weathering With You" by a not-so-small margin.   ( "Weathering With You" is the new film from the director of "Your Name.", which enjoyed big box office success in China.)

https://piaofang.maoyan.com/dashboard?date=2019-10-31

("Your Name." grossed $84 million in China, whiie "Terminator Genisys" grossed $113 million.)

I guess "Dark Fate" will gross higher in China than in US, but "Dark Fate" is still going to be the biggest money loser in 2019.

I doubt it's gonna lose more than Dark Phoenix. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Charlie's Angels has a budget of only $48M. Even if it flops (which is likely at this point) it won't be any huge loss.

Ah, OK. well, that's a smart budget and honestly that type of a movie shouldn't cost more. No stars, no special action scenes. 

Believe the hype. Critics are wrong again. This is the best terminator movie since 1 and 2. Of course this is nowhere near 1 and 2 but the other terminator movies are nowhere near this . You can tell the movie when you see it that has what was missing since T2 , you care for the characters finally . Again 

terminator 1 > terminator 2 >>>> Dark Fate >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Other junk 

Edited by hasanahmad
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Ah, OK. well, that's a smart budget and honestly that type of a movie shouldn't cost more. No stars, no special action scenes. 

Please don't insult Naomi Scott. She is probably one of the biggest stars now (especially after Aladdin). She is also the most beautiful actress one has ever seen. She is gonna rock and take by the whole world by storm. 

14346150-7102695-image-a-8_1559645986024

3 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Not sure I agree, that type of movie should probably cost more, have stars and special action scenes to have a shot to make a successful trilogy.

Kingsman/Ocean 8 type of production.

Naomi Scott is not a star yet. When she opens a movie on her name alone that isn't a franchise or co-stars an actual draw, than we can talk. No slight, just fact. 

Nobody needed this reboot so 48M budget is good for the thing that isn't needed.

Edited by Valonqar

Naomi Scott is a Queen (my celebrity crush) but she’s no star. For her to have more worldwide recognition, she needs to be in a CBM. That’s why I was hoping for her to be Catwoman, but now, maybe she could be Supergirl?

On topic, I feel like this movie would’ve been 10x more anticipated if Genysis didn’t come out.

2 hours ago, hasanahmad said:

Believe the hype. Critics are wrong again. This is the best terminator movie since 1 and 2. Of course this is nowhere near 1 and 2 but the other terminator movies are nowhere near this . You can tell the movie when you see it that has what was missing since T2 , you care for the characters finally . Again 

terminator 1 > terminator 2 >>>> Dark Fate >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Other junk 

Dark Fate is actually getting good reviews (66% at rotten tomatoes)

The main problem is that many general audience are not interested in watching another Terminator film.