CaptainJackSparrow

AD Astra | Sep 20 2019 | Sci Fi | Best movie of the year with a B- cinemascore? | Brad Pitt

On 2/9/2017 at 10:52 PM, Macleod said:

Father will be played by Jon Voight, who will yell at Pitt about his liberal "science" leanings and not treating his wife right once they find each other in a distant galaxy. 

Now wondering if this will be essentially the same, just with TLJ.  😂

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 8:53 AM, Avatree said:

it's not having the same marketing push as those movies

Not great comparison using YT views but biggest trailer views 1 month before Release:

Ad Astra - 4.7 million views

Interstellar - 10.2 million views

The Martian - 14.5 million views

And this is not getting anywhere neare the buzz that Interstellar and The Martian had a month from release.

20th century fox trailers don't have a lot of views. Ford vs Ferrari has 5.5 million views. King's man has 6 million and so on. I don't think they promote their trailers like some other distributors do by running them as ads. That said I don't expect Ad Astra to come close to some other big SciFi movies. $20-25 million is a decent OW target if the reviews are good.

• Like 1

Yes, the Venice Film Festival trailer contains some strange images (too), but IMO overall it causes a lot more excitement than the 2nd trailer. There're several scenes (the outstreched hand, the ape, the implied incident, the moon base, the interrogation...) where I want to learn more about. We get also a bit more emotion of B. Pitt. I think they should have used this trailer earlier.

41 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

oh no. strange images. someone call disney maybe there's a chance to clean it up yet

This is a box office forum. On the one hand I watch a trailer to see if it's a film that I would want to watch.
But OTOH I try to see if it could be a film for the GA with hit chances. Some members have high hopes for this film, some think it will bomb. I'm still undecided but I'm now more optimistic than before.

@Eric!
You don't like that I mentioned the ape?

Edited by el sid

13 minutes ago, el sid said:

This is a box office forum. On the one hand I watch a trailer to see if it's a film that I would want to watch.
But OTOH I try to see if it could be a film for the GA with hit chances. Some members have high hopes for this film, some think it will bomb. I'm still undecided but I'm now more optimistic than before.

@Eric!
You don't like that I mentioned the ape?

Nah. I didn't even noticed your post. I just saw the monkey, and had to get the appropriate gif