CaptainJackSparrow

AD Astra | Sep 20 2019 | Sci Fi | Best movie of the year with a B- cinemascore? | Brad Pitt

For the record, 98% of people think RT score is a grade.

And even when you know it is not a grade, your brain plays tricks on you and you talk about it as if it was a grade.

50% on RT is NOT a bad  score people.

It just means half people liked it the other didn't.

And yet, a 50% RT score is talked about as if it was  a very bad number to have on RT.

Majority of People read RT score as a grade from 1 (10%) to 10(100%).

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 4

I really wanna see this but I got horribly sick literally on the day it came out. Since it's not doing great, I fear it will be taken out of the larger screens near me pretty soon so I've gotta beat this fucking thing before the smaller screens are all that's left.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

For the record, 98% of people think RT score is a grade.

98% sound possible (if we can see it on this website with people bringing say Doctor Strange RT score and saying the movie is overrated because it was a strong consensus that it was a passable affair, who knows in the general population but I heard a lot of "normies" saying they saw the RT score has how likely you are to not dislike the movie and the average score for how much you will like it if you do), but for people claiming to be doing a somewhat journalistic job and using for social commentary it should get closer to 0%.

The hatred of "elites" being turned away from rich corporate raiders and onto to regular people with a love of art, progressive values, and deep thinking is one of the great tragedies of our world that explains so much about society today. Anyway, this movie was rad. Hit me hard as someone who has lost a father. Really good stuff here, top three of the year for me with Hollywood and the Farewell. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

I dunno 🙂...I dunno 🙂...what some of the critics were saying...I have this slightly ABOVE Gravity and Interstellar...

No, it wasnt "slow". EndGame, at almost 180 minutes of mostly "acting" scenes, was slow 🙂. At just over 120 minutes, Ad Astra didnt have enough runtime to be slow.

It was excellently paced, with a few action scenes. The so-called "slow" part...knowing the vast distances in space, I was wondering how the slow part was a brief as it was 🙂

Edited by OdinSon2k14
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

The hatred of "elites" being turned away from rich corporate raiders and onto to regular people with a love of art, progressive values, and deep thinking is one of the great tragedies of our world that explains so much about society today. Anyway, this movie was rad. Hit me hard as someone who has lost a father. Really good stuff here, top three of the year for me with Hollywood and the Farewell. 

Sure, Jan.

19 hours ago, shayhiri said:

Hahahaha, it f*cked Rambo16!

Aah, the small joys in life...

The reason Ad Astra beat Rambo at the box office is that Rambo is a pretty awful movie...and Ad Astra is a significantly better one in every technical context.  But Ad Astra is still pretty disappointing when compared to numerous other sci-fi epics of previous years.  Almost every one of those films mentioned in this thread has more to say about humanity and our possibilities than this, which ends up being *yet another* (as if we don't have enough) Hollywood movie about "Daddy Issues."  

Edited by Macleod

1 minute ago, Macleod said:

The reason Ad Astra beat Rambo at the box office is that Rambo is a pretty awful movie...and Ad Astra is a significantly better one in every technical context.  But Ad Astra is still pretty disappointing when compared to numerous other sci-fi epics of previous years.  Almost every one of those films mentioned in this thread has more to say about humanity and our possibilities than this, which ends up being *yet another* (as if we don't have enough) Hollywood movie about "Daddy Issues."  

Well, 2001 was too, we ALL come from somewhere.

4 hours ago, Walt Disney said:

I didn't really care for this movie. It was very slow, and while I could see what the movie was going for, it just didn't get there for me. 

The movie was excellently paced, with a

high speed moon rover gunfight, Baboon rampage, gunfight inside a rocket, a trip to Uranus, and even a swim in a lake on Mars 😂

I enjoyed it more than Interstellar(bizarre) and Gravity (just the earth's orbit).

• Like 1