grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

Since NYC got taken care of, I decided to take a look at the showings around me. I did the Philadelphia area. I usually take a look at Thursday nights for all tent poles 24 hours before previews start. 

Im only doing Thursday night (as of right now.) So far its well behind BvS and CW. But that's to be expected in my opinion. It's also behind GOTG2 and Suicide Squad, as well as Deadpool. However the latter didn't have 3D showtimes so even though WW is behind it in terms of tickets for this area, I still think it'll be above DP's preview number.

I think anywhere from $12-15M is probably where it's headed for Thursday as of right now.

I will do a whole weekend check in tomorrow....and actually provide the amount of showtimes/sell outs. 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, TalismanRing said:

It was at 93% for a bit but then a very negative review was deleted.  :lol:  I've seen grades changed before but never that unless embargo was broken.  

That's rotten review for Baywatch.So They quickly delete it

24 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I think $100m+ OW is looking more likely, i will be pleasantly surprised if it does more 

Same.  I just want it to hit $100m, anything over is gravy. 

• Like 5

Real sales I have time to add...one local added 2 more showings for tonight overnight...this is a good sign for the movie when it starts to grab other movies' screens last minute...

One local (added 2 showings for 6 total)

3d (3 showings) 74/100, 0/100 (added), 26/100

2d (3 showings) 90/100, 6/100 (added), 64/100

2nd local (4 showings)

3d (2 showings) 46/108, 13/108

2d (2 showings) 128/175, 51/175

Right now, for Friday, these locals have 12 and 13 showings...if they add more last minute tonight, I'll post again:)...

• Like 3

12 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Last check today - NYC Fandango

Wonder Woman (6/31/17)  (Wed 9pm)
-254 showings
-147 Reserved
-12 sellouts (0 complete)

previous #s

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/24007-the-box-office-buzz-and-tracking-thread-electric-boogaloo/?do=findComment&comment=3028800

Wonder Woman (7/1/17)  (Thur 9:45am)
-265 showings
-149 Reserved
-15 sellouts (1 complete)

• Like 6

13 hours ago, grim22 said:

Big news in the online ticketing game: http://investor.regmovies.com/news-and-events/press-releases/2017/05-31-2017-214442311

Regal tickets will no longer link to Fandango from their website and will go through Atom instead. Tickets can still be bought on Fandango and MT, but everything from Regal will redirect to Atom

I like it! Fandango is prone to messing up, although I admit it's often in my favor. I want to pay for some movies, damn it.

Does Atom have that "convenience fee"? Never used them before.

18 minutes ago, bruchav said:

"Warner Bros. is being more conservative and suggesting $65 million-$70 million domestically, considering tracking has been unreliable as of late."

It makes sense. But the hype for WW is only growing, reviews were much better than expected and word of mouth will hopefully be fantastic, so I believe it can beat tracking.

27 minutes ago, bruchav said:

Also of note, CU is tracking in the $25 million range. (It also apparently only costed $38M to produce...wow.)

• Like 4

Obviously they expect way more than $65m...

What makes sense is that If this does $100m you will have titles like "Huge OW for WW" "Beats expectations by a large margin" and so on..

If they were saying $90-100.

An $100m weekend would be seen as "I line with expectations"

We can all remember Disney saying $120m for Beauty and many other examples.

Edited by FantasticBeasts
  • Like 2