grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

So Charlie, are you adding enough to compensate for less presales on Joker? Trust you, just trying to get ahead of the newbies if it doesnt go up at all or even (hopefully not) down a little. 

As always thanks for sharing. 

Edited by narniadis

Previews Zombieland: Double Tap Sony Pictures $2,850,000   3,052 $934   $2,850,000  
Previews Maleficent: Mistress of Evil Walt Disney $2,300,000         $2,300,000

Congrats to our amazing trackers. We got it close again.

@FlashMaster659 @Inceptionzq  @Porthos @keysersoze123 @DAJK @captainwondyful

Sorry if am forgetting a contributor. Let me know.

12 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Previews Update

Prediction - Based on numbers above both the movies should finish like 0.5m difference. So I would say 3m Zombieland and 2.5m Maleficent. But I would look at comps from others to make closer prediction.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

So far from 5 theaters, I'm counting 57 Thursday night shows in the Inland Empire for Skywalker. None of the really big players have posted their shows yet.

A few theaters here will also be doing fan event screenings that will start at 5 pm.

Edited by FlashMaster659
  • Like 2

I would also point out that many theaters are gonna have, if not a bare bones amount of screenings, nothing close to their final slate, as it will be around 58 or so days from release when tickets go on sale.

For comparison after all theaters checked in locally:

Captain Marvel at  T-56:    81 showings.

Captain Marvel at    T-8:  107 showings.

Captain Marvel at    T-0:  216 showings.

Now this is SW so the initial number will be higher as will the rampup and final.

*knocks on wood*

I'm just reminding folks that many theaters won't have anything close to a full slate until a decent way into this pre-sale run.

Edited by Porthos
Derp 58/59 days not 55.
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, john2000 said:

ps do we have any idea about frozen 2 tickets ?

Probably 10/28 is my guess, based on nothing more than intuition and thinking Disney wants to give TROS a few days in the pre-sale limelight.  That'd give Frozen 2 around the same pre-sale days as Aladdin, TS4, and TLK.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Inceptionzq said:

One of my local theaters has showtimes for 24 hours/day from Thursday to Saturday

:wintf:

On behalf of the poor workers, I hope that’s just a mistake.

Probably not, as I saw that for TFA, TLJ, and Endgame.  The only surprise would be that they established that so far in advance.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

By the way, in case folks are having trouble getting to the right date on Fandango, I manually forced it to go to 12/19 by changing the date in the url.  

So, for example, if one uses the "My theaters" link I went from:

https://www.fandango.com/95814_movietimes?mytheaters=true&date=2019-10-19

to forcing it to

https://www.fandango.com/95814_movietimes?mytheaters=true&date=2019-12-19

by editing the URL itself.

That pulled up all of my local showtimes even though it doesn't display the calendar wall correctly. Yet at least. ;)

(naturally folks zipcodes would be different for their own regions but I wanted to give an example)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

On 10/11/2019 at 9:16 PM, keysersoze123 said:

Terminator - Dark Fate

Cinemark - 1159/122922 (814 shows)

Even worse. Just over a ticket per show. I think it will take be close to release before this can be interpreted. But Terminator fan base dont seem to be in a hurry.

On 10/11/2019 at 4:02 PM, keysersoze123 said:

Terminator Dark Fate Previews (T-20)

AMC - 3822/162690(758 shows)

Since I saw tracking of 40m+, I was expecting it to have good PS. But so far numbers are not that big but there is a long way to go. I will update in a week's time and will do daily updates from around 10 days to release.

Terminator - Dark Fate (T-13)

AMC - 5339/163775 (772 shows) +1517
Cin - 1364/122661 (814 shows)  + 205

Numbers are still incredibly low. I think real action will start only in the week of the release.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2