CoolioD1

Once Upon a Time in... Hollywood | July 26 2019 | Digital Foot Technology | RIP Cinerama Dome

4 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Gonna laugh if Cruise turns this down Will Smith style because he has to be the lead and shoots down Dicaprio instead of some other person.

"I wanted to make that movie so badly, but I felt the only way was, it had to be a love story, not a vengeance story," Smith said.

LMAO OH WILL

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Gonna laugh if Cruise turns this down Will Smith style because he has to be the lead and shoots down Dicaprio instead of some other person.

Cruise hasn't gotten an Oscar nomination since Magnolia, a supporting role.

IT IS TIME

4 hours ago, tonytr87 said:

Tarantino + Dicaprio + Cruise + Robbie = my ass in seat and probably many many others. 

Tarantino = my ass in seat.

You need to much.  QT, you had me at...Tarantino.  Leo, Cruise Missle, Margot?  That’s just the frosting.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, lilmac said:

Leo + Tarantino? What?! No doubt he'll find a role for SLJ. This is my 2nd most anticipated movie of 2019 (Episode IX).

My body is ready!

PS: I doubt this will be really Tarantino's last. 

I mean, he never said this would be his last. 

I don't get this movie and what's its supposed to entail. Half of yall are saying this is Devils Rejects 2 with pregnant Tate murder glorification. The other half are saying this is going to be a period piece exploring the enigma of the Manson cult dynamics.

The third half are saying this will be a docudrama exploring the Helter Skelter, and the fourth half are saying this will be a fictionalized retelling where Tate goes Kill Bill on fools.

Is this a literal movie about the psycho Mansion cult murdering people or no? I need to know where to put this on my taste scale.

Just now, Jandrew said:

I don't get this movie and what's its supposed to entail. Half of yall are saying this is Devils Rejects 2 with pregnant Tate murder glorification. The other half are saying this is going to be a period piece exploring the enigma of the Manson cult dynamics.

The third half are saying this will be a docudrama exploring the Helter Skelter, and the fourth half are saying this will be a fictionalized retelling where Tate goes Kill Bill on fools.

Is this a literal movie about the psycho Mansion cult murdering people or no? I need to know where to put this on my taste scale.

No. Supposedly the story is DiCaprio and Cruise are TV actors trying to make it into movies while the Manson murders serve as a backdrop.

On 12/01/2018 at 3:56 PM, Alli said:

"I wanted to make that movie so badly, but I felt the only way was, it had to be a love story, not a vengeance story," Smith said.

LMAO OH WILL

And where has his career gone since?  Smith just got too big for himself.  Started thinking that he was bigger than the material and now he's making Netflix movies and DiCaprio is winning Oscars.

10 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Bright blows but that shit was buzzy af, probably the best career choice in ten years along with Suicide Squad, also a great career choice in a shitty movie. 

Always a bit dangerous to judge choice in hindsight of result (we are always influenced by them, when we should only use information known at the moment of the choice to use them), but look at is filmography since 2009 (so choice made since 2008) you could be sadly right.

Doing a 140m After Earth movie (giving away first dollar gross to make it happen) and not playing the lead in Django do feel like a 2-punch combo that really did hurt is career quite a bit.

But he still has a giant world awareness and could still easily turn it over I think, one issue is I think is audience having a bit of an hard time to accept him in anything else than is very charismatic self, even when he play "bad guys" like in suicide squad or Bright, he still (or we project on is character) go back to is funny loving self.

Could be the consequence of not having a Training Day type of output early on, when he always wanted to have the biggest movie on earth on every movie he do or just bad luck when he got out of that persona (Ali was quite good, didn't broke out for some reason). Will see if it will happen the same to Dwayne Johnson, him starting is career much older maybe will not have time to wear audience out because he play always the same characters or maybe he will evolve.