CoolioD1

Once Upon a Time in... Hollywood | July 26 2019 | Digital Foot Technology | RIP Cinerama Dome

1 hour ago, TMP said:

eh, Barbie could still be a big money maker - and a big reason why she's so successful now is because she's becoming a savvy producer too between I, Tonya and the Birds of Prey movie which sounds pretty promising 

I have faith in Barbie. I think it will be huge. I also have faith in Dora cause girls in my house and their friends are buzzing about it. I think that BOT skews a bit traditional fanboy which is why buzz for some very girls oriented movies (CM is not, it's still very much for CB fans) flies under the radar here.:)

Edited by Valonqar

1 hour ago, RichWS said:

Tarantino's whole career has been building to getting Margot Robbie's feet on film.

feet? Oh man, now I need to see this if I get to see Margot Robbie's feet.

I'm actually looking forward to it as I know absolutely nothing about the subject matter, don't know anything about Charles Manson who he is/was and what he did, other than he was a famous serial killer. 

6 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Actors and actreses don't choose their careers & films, directors & producers do.

Margot and her team didn't choose to be in this film.

So Margot Robbie did the film against her will?

7 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Actors and actreses don't choose their careers & films, directors & producers do.

Margot and her team didn't choose to be in this film.

If they 're succesfull and in demand they can choose from many options or even push the projects they want. Robbie after just Wolf basically had to wait for anything that wasn't "hot girlfriend of X 50 year old movie star", but now after continued success in different genres she definately has a say and a lot of options. Same goes for Lawrence, Stone and any IT girl that lasted more than a year. And for male actors that make it big it's even easier to have power to choose projects.

5 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Closer to Sniper than the other two imo.

I'm not so sure about it only because I think Tarantino while a mainstream favorite has a ceiling with the GA

• Like 1

It's only because of all the huge names attached that I think a possibly 3-hour long comedy/drama about late '60s Hollywood has even the tiniest chance of opening to 50m. It has to have some kinda crazy hook we're not aware of yet to go beyond that imo. At this point I think a Basterds/Shutter Island run would already be a big win.

30 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

At this point I think a Basterds/Shutter Island run would already be a big win.

If the budget is indeed 100M+ and with all the movie stars doing IB numbers would be "at least it didn't flop" territory for this. I bet Sony were targeting Django-Revenant numbers when they won the bidding.

Being respected as an actress or having clout in Hollywood gives opportunities no doubt so you have more choices thus the luxury to be selective but ultimately the director chooses you, not the other way around, unless you produce the movie or/and is a huge star and even if this configuration the director is allowed to say no so the director chooses his actors, always.

Marlon Brando used to say that actors  are

Spoiler

"whores"

Yup, he did say that, not me.

By saying that, he was just agreeing with my point, actors are puppets in the Hollywood game, at the service of directors, producers and studios.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

China's Bona Film Group to Co-Finance Tarantino's 'Once Upon a Time In Hollywood

Beijing-based studio Bona Film Group has stepped in as a co-producer and co-financier of Once Upon a Time In Hollywood with Colombia Pictures, Yu Dong, CEO of Bona, told The Hollywood Reporter Monday.

The Chinese studio will participate in Once Upon a Time In Hollywood's global box-office earnings, and the company also is expected to handle distribution of the film in mainland China, Hong Kong and Taiwan. Sony Pictures Releasing will distribute Once Upon a Time in Hollywood everywhere else in the world. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/bona-finance-quentin-tarantinos-once-a-time-hollywood-1180045

56 minutes ago, MuffinMan said:

China's Bona Film Group to Co-Finance Tarantino's 'Once Upon a Time In Hollywood

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/bona-finance-quentin-tarantinos-once-a-time-hollywood-1180045

Interesting.  Bona Film does not have a distribution division in Hong Kong while Sony has one.  And will Taiwan let Bona distribute there? This move may have some political implications there.

You know, it's really weird...

I had a thought last week about their being some kind of passing attached to this film somehow. I don't know what it was but it came across my mind for a second.

Anyways, R.I.P Luke Perry. It is most unfortunate that he had to go at such a young age. Who would have thought?

19 hours ago, Amorphous said:

You know, it's really weird...

I had a thought last week about their being some kind of passing attached to this film somehow. I don't know what it was but it came across my mind for a second.

Anyways, R.I.P Luke Perry. It is most unfortunate that he had to go at such a young age. Who would have thought?

This was almost Burt Reynolds' final acting credit but he passed before he shot any scenes (Bruce Dern took over the role after). Now it's gonna be Luke Perry's. :(

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

This was almost Burt Reynolds' final acting credit but he passed before he shot any scenes (Bruce Dern took over the role after). Now it's gonna be Luke Perry's. :(

Right! I remember reading that he was attached. It's really, really unfortunate. 

Still excited for the movie, but it will definitely be bittersweet. I wonder if this will change marketing at all?