MCKillswitch123

WEEKEND THREAD | Weekend actuals (pg. 87 onward) - Dunkirk: 26.6M; The Emoji Movie: 24.5M; Girls Trip: 19.6M; Atomic Blonde: 18.2M; SM Homecoming: 13.2M; War For The POTA: 10.4M; Despicable Me 3: 7.4M; Valerian: 6.3M; Baby Driver: 3.9M; Wonder Woman: 3.3M

Just now, FantasticBeasts said:

So what is the riskier studio right now in your opinion?

Annapurna Pictures. No question.

And I'll always have a soft spot for Legendary, especially during that decade with WB.

Edited by filmnerdjamie
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, YourMother said:

1.) Apes

2.) Logan

3.) Get Out

4.) Baby Driver

5.) Dunkirk

6.) John Wick 2

7.) Guardians 2

8.) Wonder Woman 

9.) Split

10.) Spider-Man: Homecoming 

11.) Gifted

12.) Lego Batman

13.) Valerian

14.) Kong 

15.) Captain Underpants

16.) Power Rangers 

17.) Fate of The Furious 

18.) Alien: Covenant 

19.) Despicable M3

20.) Ghost In The Shell

21.) Dog's Purpose

22.) Smurfs: The Lost Village

23.) Monster Trucks

24.) Beauty and The Beast

25.) Life

26.) King Arthur

27.) Transformers The Last Knight

28.) The Emoji Movie

29.) The Mummy

You have seen all sorts of garbage this year but you haven't seen the hilarious Girls Trip?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

You have seen all sorts of garbage this year but you haven't seen the hilarious Girls Trip?

I am planning on seeing in Sunday. Or Tuesday at the absolute latest.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Transformers 6. 

Is Transformers 6 the Bumblebee movie or the 6th film in the main series? I ask because I would assume it refers to the 6th film, but BOM lists TRANSFORMERS 6 coming out in June next year, which is when the Bumblebee movie is coming out.

2 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Is Transformers 6 the Bumblebee movie or the 6th film in the main series? I ask because I would assume it refers to the 6th film, but BOM lists TRANSFORMERS 6 coming out in June next year, which is when the Bumblebee movie is coming out.

No I mean Transformers 6. Whenever that comes out. 

Edited by Zakiyyah6

7 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Ah, I said God Forbid because movies seldom

have that. The female on female love scenes happen disproportionately. Please stop trying to find homophobia where there is none. This is about male/females being treated differently in the movie industry. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

Targeted advertising

this is probably the best ad they've done for this movie yet, holy crap. They really should get this some airplay on MSNBC and other liberal-skewing networks, makes me wanna see the movie immediately tbh

1 minute ago, Diana Prince said:

Ah, I said God Forbid because movies seldom

have that. The female on female love scenes happen disproportionately. Please stop trying to find homophobia where there is none. This is about male/females being treated differently in the movie industry. 

I still don't get what is it that you want God to forbid here. If there's a disproportionate amount of female same-sex scenes in movies (which is true, although I'd point out that they're still almost non-existent in major Hollywood films) shouldn't we root for more dudes to get in on the action to make it even?

3 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

I still don't get what is it that you want God to forbid here. If there's a disproportionate amount of female same-sex scenes in movies (which is true, although I'd point out that they're still almost non-existent in major Hollywood films) shouldn't we root for more dudes to get in on the action to make it even?

We are not disagreeing. God Forbid was in reference to Hollywood's mindset. It wasn't in reference to my standing on gay rights. I thought my post was quite clear in context,  but I guess not. I made the point that a gay male scene would not be featured in trailers. However, the gay female scene was used to sell Atomic Blonde. I wasn't making any determination on the virtues or non-virtues of the LGBT community. This was strictly within the confines of the way gay scenes are marketed in films. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, YourMother said:

True. I mean don't get me wrong I like Marvel, Pixar/WDAS, and Lucasfilm but their live action slate sucks. It's almost always remakes. A good idea would be to revive Touchstone as their New Line Cinema for darker films maybe even venture into horror movies. Then it'd be complete Disney domination.

1 hour ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I know. I wish they'd set up or partner up with another small production company again. 

Making adult skewing films doesn't fit Disney's MO, once the DreamWorks SKG deal ran out, they dumped them. I think they're happy just doing tentpoles and family films with the odd mid or low budget film now and again. 

• Like 1