MCKillswitch123

WEEKEND THREAD | Weekend actuals (pg. 87 onward) - Dunkirk: 26.6M; The Emoji Movie: 24.5M; Girls Trip: 19.6M; Atomic Blonde: 18.2M; SM Homecoming: 13.2M; War For The POTA: 10.4M; Despicable Me 3: 7.4M; Valerian: 6.3M; Baby Driver: 3.9M; Wonder Woman: 3.3M

34 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

Those sunday drops are horrendous

Game of Thrones effect? :redcapes:

I was thinking about the same. ¿Why movies are dropping in July like it's May or November? If there was some effect today (GOT or other issue) then Monday drops will be softer (55%)

• Like 1

top playdates 30-Jul

1-AMC Lincoln Square, NYC                      DK    
(rules the roost, 15/70, 70mm), WW however its BFI IMAX london  15/70 only    
2-AMC Citywalk, Universal City CA             DK
3-AMC Metreon , San Francisco CA           DK
4-Regal Irvine Spectrum                          DK
5-Regal Atlantic Station, Atlanta, GA        GT
6-Pac Arclight Hollywood                         AB
7-Regal Court St, Brooklyn NY                GT
8-AMC Tyson Corner, Mclean VA              DK
9-CPLX Scotiabank Toronto ON                DK
10-Mal Paradiso Cinema, Memphis TN       GT
11-Pac Arclight Hollywood                       DK
    -AMC Empire 25 + E-Walk #1,          DK
12-AMC Empire 25, NYC                          GT
13-AMC Empire 25, NYC                          AB
14-AMC Bay Plaza, Bronks NY                GT
15-AMC Kips Bay NY                             DK
16 Regal King Prussia PA                      DK
17-AMC Burbank                                 AB
18-NCC Cinerama, Seattle WA            DK
19- CM Towson MD                           GT
20-AMC Burbank                             DK

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Matrix4You said:

I think I am going to see A Ghost Story tomorrow morning early bird before it gets dropped!  I assume I will love it and I will have to expand my signature to a top 10 of the year after seeing it.

Better be quick. It's expanded terribly

Jul 7–9 26 $104,030 - 4 - $26,008 $104,030 1
Jul 14–16 25 $135,431 +30.2% 20 +16 $6,772 $277,737 2
Jul 21–23 23 $137,384 +1.4% 43 +23 $3,195 $476,424 3
Jul 28–30 15 $368,289 +168% 329 +286 $1,119 $927,508 4

2 minutes ago, Diana Prince said:

Since this weekend -due to Sunday seemed like an anomaly, any guesses as to drops on Monday? 

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a few high-40s drop. I think/hope WONDR drops 48-49% and compensates for the 39% Sun drop.

Also wish that Apes can pull of a mid-high 50s drop after falling 60-61% last 2 weekends.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a few high-40s drop. I think/hope WONDR drops 48-49% and compensates for the 39% Sun drop.

Also wish that Apes can pull of a mid-high 50s drop after falling 60-61% last 2 weekends.

Hope so too. Even DM3 dropped more than usual. 

For the day, MovieTickets.com had final 24 hour sales as follows...17.7% Dunkirk, 16.1% Emoji Movie, 11.5% Girls Trip, 10.1% Atomic Blonde, and 8.4% Spider-Man: Homecoming.  So, comparing these ratios to the ratios the movies had against each other Sunday, I'd say Emoji is probably going to have a little bounce back from the free falls of Saturday and Sunday, and everything else will probably perform the same (if one drops big, they all probably drop big...if one does well, they all probably do well, etc)...

Dunkirk might be a slight outlier (to the down side), but I doubt it with the extra Imax theater fees...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/30/2017 at 11:56 PM, BoxOfficeChica said:

Is there a way the mods can pin a list or map of the different timeframes that US students go back to school? Obviously you can't do it by the district but sometimes Deadline mentions percentages of K-12 out of/back in school in their reports, I think it would help in making predictions and also show how it differs across the country. It just seems like a topic that comes up every summer...

That would be a monumental task:P there are a bizzion districts to summarise

top level way over 90% still out K-12/College , college remain over 90 for this/next week some week after then starts falling, k-12 after mid next 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MrPink said:

All that talk of going to Nolanites rushing to go see Dunkirrrrrrk this weekend to save us from the 'oblivion' of Emoji Movie.

We did our job.

And yet it was a colossal Hollywood box office disaster on Sunday. :sadben:

Nolanites have failed us all. An embarrassment. Might have cancel all the future showings now.