Alli

Weekend Thread. Dark Tower 19.5...Dunkirk 17.6....Emoji 12.3...Girls Trip 11.4 not sure what page| Not the sex thread

5 hours ago, YourMother said:

And to think he could've been Ego instead.

Gotta say, McConaughey playing the father of someone 9 years younger than him would just make me really really sad

Glad we got KURT RUSSELL instead

• Like 1

I think IT has the potential to be huge. The awareness for the film is there. I think what's going to be the difference between say a $40M OW and a $60M OW, will be the actual quality of the film and how it's received. 

And yea I know trailer views are not the end all be all but you can't simply ignore the amount of views the trailers are getting and I know some folks will watch a trailer and claim they have zero interest in seeing a film but things change once a film comes out. Especially if that film is good and a lot of people are going to watch it. That person who may have had zero interest in watching it, suddenly goes to watch it because so many other people have and they don't want to feel left out or they want to go and see what everyone is talking about. 

I think if IT is as good as the early screenings are saying it is, $60M+ is in the cards for its OW. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Damianport1 said:

Moonlight is a near-masterpieces. but its just not for you, its not for blockbuster-lovers, its challenging cinema, for people who are open to acuatlly use they brain and think. im not surprised user from this forum hate it with all respect to this forum but we all know what kinds of film you guys like.

Baumer watches more movies than just about anyone. That includes every bit of Oscar bait that gets released each year. I don't agree with him on everything but I respect him. He's definitely not ignorant. 

• Like 4

i really like this forum, its my second most favorite behind Awards Watch (i cant think of any other good film forum anyway) but its not mystery that 90% people from here are watching only loud blockbuster and their most favored film of the year usually is something like Star Wars or Transformers. but i respect it. just not surprised that Moonlight is not very popular here.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Gotta say, McConaughey playing the father of someone 9 years younger than him would just make me really really sad

Glad we got KURT RUSSELL instead

Well Ego can take any form so it wouldn't take me out of the movie if he wanted to look like McConaughey. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

Unpopular opinion. Neither Moon light or La La Land deserved best picture. 

That should have gone to Hidden Figures. 

it should've gone to American Honey.

Plebians ;) 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Damianport1 said:

i really like this forum, its my second most favorite behind Awards Watch (i cant think of any other good film forum anyway) but its not mystery that 90% people from here are watching only loud blockbuster and their most favored film of the year usually is something like Star Wars or Transformers. but i respect it. just not surprised that Moonlight is not very popular here.

The last mainstream CBM(besides Mr. Pool and Logan) I've seen was GOTG way back in 2014 and I didn't see Moonlight because it didn't look appealing to me whatsoever.  Is it "challenging cinema"?  Perhaps, but not the kind I'm interested in.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Damianport1 said:

This is a forum about box office and movies which only get shown in limited screens for awards purposes rather than mass audiences wont be that popular . in fact movies like okja are a threat to a forum like this . this is why I agree with Nolan that movies should be shown to all in cinemas and not awards or streaming only 

• Like 1

Just now, Blankments said:

BP noms last year ranked:

1. La La Land

2. Arrival

3. Manchester by the Sea

4. Moonlight

5. Hell or High Water

POWER GAP

6. Hacksaw Ridge

7. Fences

8. Hidden Figures

9. Lion

Hell or High Water should've won

kthxbai

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Who do you talk to? I don't know a single person who loved Blah Blah Bland. And I have a lot of friends who happen to be white women...

I don't know anyone, besides the people here, who loved Moonlight.  Not lying either.  

• Astonished 1

1 minute ago, filmnerdjamie said:

It was, in fact, the first Oscar ceremony I intentionally didn't watch since... Christ... 1997.

I didn't watch it either but I was mad I didn't when I heard it gave us the biggest blunder in Oscar ceremony history though with that BP mixup.

11 minutes ago, Nova said:

Unpopular opinion. Neither Moon light or La La Land deserved best picture. 

That should have gone to Hidden Figures. 

I agree that neither of them should have won.  Deadpool should have.

• Like 2