WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 77): It 60.1M | American Assassin 14.8M | JLaw's Original Sin 7.5M

11 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I am living for that total. 

I know, right? 

We can talk about Wonder Woman, Get Out, and Annabelle 2 all we want (and they are all phenomenal box office runs), but It has got to be the # 1 box office story of the year.

Also... Kidnap has been followed by a horrible narrative around it since what, 2014? And it has been online ( a decent quality version) for a long time, plus it got awful reviews, and ridiculously bad marketing...and it still managed to make 30 million dollars after posting some not-so-bad weekend drops.

Surely not an extraordinary run, but I think it made way more than it had any right to do.

This and the much better performance of The Call, makes me think that Halle Berry is truly an appealing screen presence. If she could only find a decent vehicle that is well marketed...

Edited by Cochofles
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, somebody85 said:

The negative Disney story of the year should be Pixar choosing to make Cars 3 in the first place after no one asked for it and wasting a summer slot on it.

It's only negative if it didn't move Cars merchandise the way they expected - which is why they've made two sequels

• Like 3

Anyone knows why IT wasn't a 3D release? Budget restrictions? That got to be the biggest missed opportunity seeing that ginormous record-breaking opening weekend.

There's one scene in the movie (you know which one) that's literally bound to be in 3D like a meta-commentary on that "gimmick". I guess WB didn't want to be sued for the ensuing heart attacks...:sweat:

22 minutes ago, dashrendar44 said:

Anyone knows why IT wasn't a 3D release? Budget restrictions? That got to be the biggest missed opportunity seeing that ginormous record-breaking opening weekend.

There's one scene in the movie (you know which one) that's literally bound to be in 3D like a meta-commentary on that "gimmick". I guess WB didn't want to be sued for the ensuing heart attacks...:sweat:

3D version of IT will be NC-17, :D:D

28 minutes ago, dashrendar44 said:

I was about to say, why the need for IT to be in 3D? Then I realized you're actually right, 3D would have actually enhanced the fright effect for certain scenes.

6 hours ago, DlAMONDZ said:

What your prediction for Tomb Raider? Over or under 400m?

Considering it's a video-game adaptation and not part of a brand like DC, I think 100 mln for TR is max, of course if it will be aggressively pushed by feminists and sjws. Otherwise AC and Warcraft numbers, around 50 mln. Vikander doesn't have Jolie level star power to push it on her own.

6 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I think he is over. Going to his non-logic all female led action films should be making 300-400mil in North America.

You can't read between words, can you? I was talking specifically about Wonder Woman and of course you forget that WW has been feminist icon for decades, so there's no surprise feminists actively push her.

Edited by Firepower

11 hours ago, Gumby said:

I don't know, I'm as far right conservative as they come, and imo, WW was a success in spite of the always annoying SJW's.  

The movie wasn't political at all (closest thing was her PC group of friends that checked every diversity box) and didn't push the feminism angle as hard as something like ABC's TV show Agent Carter did.  They made that main character so unlikable that audiences gave up on the show.

How is it political that she had a diverse group of friends? :rolleyes:

And so what if it pushes a feminist angle? It's one of the things Wonder Woman represents. If, for some reason you don't like women, don't go and see a film about the icon of feminism. 

Thank god you weren't here when Ghostbusters was released! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Firepower said:

Considering it's a video-game adaptation and not part of a brand like DC, I think 100 mln for TR is max, of course if it will be aggressively pushed by feminists and sjws.

tumblr_md3owyhwHY1qbbb7uo1_500.gif

4 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Your posts were bad. You have have a bad take.

:rofl:

He is still ranting about SJWs and feminists having the power to make female-led solo films into pop culture/box office phenomenons.

Hmmm...we haven't seen BKB in a while, have we?

#crackIsWack

Edited by Cochofles

11 hours ago, La Binoche said:

WTF is Ninjago

if not for BOT (and especailly stanning* by YourMother) i would be clueless too.

edit: *i mean it in a nice way

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

$100m in the US would be solid for Tomb Raider. I'm sure it'll do well internationally. 

Yeah. Though WB won't like a scenario like when the first Tomb Raider did great to be followed by one that took a franchise ending hit at the bo. Hope this one is well received by the GA more than anything else.

2 hours ago, a2knet said:

Yeah. Though WB won't like a scenario like when the first Tomb Raider did great to be followed by one that took a franchise ending hit at the bo. Hope this one is well received by the GA more than anything else.

Well the character is no where near as popular as she once was. The first film came out at the perfect time.