grim22

MIB International | June 14 2019 | F Gary Gray directing | Hemsworth, Ferguson, Neeson, Thompson and Thompson

Welp can't say I am too surprised but still a shame. Oh well guess I'll let this wet my appetite for the eventual Thor 4.

Sidenote I watched the first one for the first time a couple of days ago and it's hilarious and awesome. Love Chris and Tessa but there's no replacing Will Smith. 

45 minutes ago, filmlover said:

This summer sure is shaping up to be a turd in the wind for everyone who isn't Disney (and can't blame anyone but themselves for putting out such lame alternatives), isn't it?

Even quality wise, this will be the 4th consecutive rotten #1 film of the summer 

Aladdin

Godzilla

Pets 2

MIB 

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

What's the shitty twist

Liam Neeson's character is the bad guy, having been infected/taken over by a rogue alien for years now

5 minutes ago, John Marston said:

We have a good director and a great cast. How can it be so bad? Guess the script must be really shitty 

Honestly...the direction in this seemed pretty bland to me as well. Nothing really pops out. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Welp can't say I am too surprised but still a shame. Oh well guess I'll let this wet my appetite for the eventual Thor 4.

Sidenote I watched the first one for the first time a couple of days ago and it's hilarious and awesome. Love Chris and Tessa but there's no replacing Will Smith. 

CTmHx7p.gif

No replacing this guy either.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

I think the problem is that Chris Hemsworth is no Big Willie when it come to charisma at least peak Big Willie from the mid 90s to early 00s.

Movies like IRobot, Independence Day, and Bad Boys would have been worse without him. Heck it is his charm that allowed him to hold his own against Robin William's Genie.

Edited by ScoobyDoo21

RT consensus:

Amiable yet forgettable, MiB International grinds its stars' substantial chemistry through the gears of a franchise running low on reasons to continue.

Top critics average is brutal.

Edited by cookie

27 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Even quality wise, this will be the 4th consecutive rotten #1 film of the summer 

Aladdin

Godzilla

Pets 2

MIB

LOL, Aladdin and Pets do NOT belong in this sh!tty list. Especially Aladdin, being the best Disney movie in decades!

Yet you strangely "forgot" to include the superhero Marvel clusterf*cks: Dark Phoenix, Captain Marvel and Endgame.

Edited by shayhiri
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

31 minutes ago, John Marston said:

We have a good director and a great cast. How can it be so bad? Guess the script must be really shitty 

Good director but maybe wrong one for this film - it needed a director who can handle whimsy and outrageous visual/physical comedic situations in a deadpan manner.   It needed a director more like Taika.    But more so it comes down to the script b/c  Sonnenfeld did the previous 3 to wildly different results.   [Will Smith wasn't enough to save the rancid MIB 2]

You know the script is poor when a 2 minute trailer has maybe one joke that lands.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

LOL, Aladdin and Pets do NOT belong in this sh!tty list. Especially Aladdin, being the best Disney movie in decades!

Yet you strangely "forgot" to include the superhero Marvel clusterf*cks: Dark Phoenix, Captain Marvel and Endgame.

Um... Dark Phoenix wasn’t #1, Captain Marvel and Endgame didn’t release in the summer. 

I said 4th consecutive rotten #1 film. 

Aladdin and Pets do belong on that list..... because they are both rotten on RT and were both #1. 

:wintf:

Confused 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

Did you even read the post? They were referring to rotten movies that won the weekend. Both Captain Marvel and Endgame are fresh on RT, while Dark Phoenix didn't win the weekend. I know you're salty that your Endgame under IW club was a huge failure but reading comprehension isn't all that much to ask 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

He was listing the 1# movie of this and the last 3 weekends, those movies are not that.

Edited by ThiagoMaia
  • Like 1