Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

I am finishing The Dropout and this is just hilarious. She tricked the ENTIRE FUCKING WORLD. Obama made her a global ambassador. She was in the cover of Fortune and Forbes. The power of beautiful blonde young woman truly knows no bounds.

3 hours ago, CJohn said:

I am finishing The Dropout and this is just hilarious. She tricked the ENTIRE FUCKING WORLD. Obama made her a global ambassador. She was in the cover of Fortune and Forbes. The power of beautiful blonde young woman truly knows no bounds.

Seyfried is gonna earn that Emmy. Astounding performance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Seyfried is gonna earn that Emmy. Astounding performance.

I hope she wins. Insane performance all around. I didn't even knew she had that in her.

Cool to see my boy Sayid getting work as well. My girlfriend lost her mind when I revealed it was him.

11 hours ago, CJohn said:

I hope she wins. Insane performance all around. I didn't even knew she had that in her.

I think she pretty much has it on lock tbh. Personally I'm rooting most for Margaret Qualley in Maid (tremendous performance and series for those who haven't watched it yet btw) but Seyfried's work is also fantastic and a strong argument for the performance of her career to date. Been making my way through the contenders for the Emmys and most of the other contenders in her category (seen all of Chastain/Scenes from a Marriage and James/Pam & Tammy, making my way through Collette/The Staircase and Roberts/Gaslit) are the kind that usually get nominated but rarely actually win.

Edited by filmlover

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

I think she pretty much has it on lock tbh. Personally I'm rooting most for Margaret Qualley in Maid (tremendous performance and series for those who haven't watched it yet btw) but Seyfried's work is also fantastic and a strong argument for the performance of her career to date. Been making my way through the contenders for the Emmys and most of the other contenders in her category (seen all of Chastain/Scenes from a Marriage and James/Pam & Tammy, making my way through Collette/The Staircase and Roberts/Gaslit) are the kind that usually get nominated but rarely actually win.

Wait, Maid is for this year's Emmys? What? I am losing my mind, I thought it was from like 2020 lmao. I remember seeing it and it is quite fantastic as well.

Rundown of a fun family 4th of July day trip to the Orlando theme parks:

- Toy Story Land at Hollywood Studios is absolutely delightful. Great job nailing the sunny tone of the movies.

- Also at Hollywood Studios: Star Wars Galaxy's Edge is AMAZING! It's almost as if you've wandered onto the sets of any of the movies. The attention to detail is astonishing. When I saw the Millennium Falcon I almost thought I had gone to Heaven lmao. Ride of the Resistance and Smuggler's Run are both very much live up to their hype too. Anyone who considers themselves to be a even a casual Star Wars fan is going to really appreciate all of it. This and Toy Story were definitely worth the wait finally getting around to them a few years after they originally opened.

- Also a pleasant surprise: the Walt Disney Presents exhibit still had up the display that's been there since earlier this year featuring the original costumes worn by the leads in the school dance sequence in West Side Story '21 (Zegler/Elgort in one glass case, DeBose/Alvarez in the other). Seeing Oscar-nominated costumes from one of my favorite movies last year up close in person made an already special day even better!

- Since we weren't able to get into the Magic Kingdom (they became booked up for 4th of July days before), we ended up making our way to Universal Studios instead to watch their fireworks instead. Merchandise and marketing for the new Minions and Jurassic World movies are literally EVERYWHERE both around CityWalk and around the park, with the entrance to the park being all decorated in Minions touting the release of the movie (in addition to both of those movies, they also have banners for The Black Phone and Nope at the front of the entrance as well).

- After the fireworks we made it through the crowd and spent the last hour or so at Disney Springs before getting back on the road at 11. Everyone should be happy to know that they still have all their Pride stuff throughout the stores even though June is now over (shh, don't let the RPOF hear that, it's bad enough they don't know what actual fun is).

All in all, definitely a 4th of July to remember!