kayumanggi

MORBIUS | April 1 2022 | Sony | Returns to 1000+ theaters June 3rd because we live in a simulation

Ok despite everything I haven't lost hope with Morbius, in my opinion it still should be able to gross about 100M in USA/Canada and 150M in the rest of the world, and with a release in China maybe it will add another 10/20M...

49 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:
  Hide contents

Video footage of both mid-credit stingers have made their way online, and they both match the recently leaked descriptions perfectly.

I really want to know where Feige was during all this.

Spoiler

Feige already made his opinion on the Sonyverse pretty clear with the Venom credit scene in NWH. He is nowhere near this. 

1 hour ago, MG10 said:

Ok despite everything I haven't lost hope with Morbius, in my opinion it still should be able to gross about 100M in USA/Canada and 150M in the rest of the world, and with a release in China maybe it will add another 10/20M...

Assuming we don't find out that the budget is actually higher than $75M.

UK critics screening taking place just now. 

“Reviews are strictly embargoed until 1am tomorrow morning” 

Morbius opens wide here tomorrow (not previews). So reviews are officially embargoed until the day of full release. 

Seeing it tomorrow 😂

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

UK critics screening taking place just now. 

“Reviews are strictly embargoed until 1am tomorrow morning” 

Morbius opens wide here tomorrow (not previews). So reviews are officially embargoed until the day of full release. 

Seeing it tomorrow 😂

lol it's rare I can just casually go see a movie and talk about it way before the critics can.

30 minutes ago, JWR said:

Very curious to see if there’s enough buzz surrounding this to push this to $40-50m.

I think just the Marvel connection will push it to a 50 Million openng, but if it is as bad as everything indicates, it's legs will swiftly cut off.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

What buzz? This movies been tapped out on building anticipation for two years.

I don’t think there’s any anticipation for this, either. I just want to know if the Marvel connection will be enough to put butts in seats.

I just wached it. Very very mediocre. Feels rushed and plot is icethin. Villan is weak.

This will not have good legs. 

4/10

2 midcredits were worth the ticketprice though

Edited by fmpro
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 3/29/2022 at 4:37 PM, Blaze Heatnix said:

I doubt Morbius is Fant4stic-like bad.  Fant4stic wasn't just a bad movie. It was a very, very troubled production that included fights between the director and casts, with the director getting kicked out during production. 

Morbius might be just a weak and mediocre flick, though perfectly watchable. Hell, Dark Phoenix was watchable imo.

If Morbius does exactly what Dark Phoenix did worldwide, it'll be a sucess.

IMO its Fant4stic and Dark Phoenix level

Edited by fmpro
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 2

1 hour ago, fmpro said:

I just wached it. Very very mediocre. Feels rushed and plot is icethin. Villan is weak.

This will not have good legs. 

4/10

2 midcredits were worth the ticketprice though

Spoiler

Are they worth? 

I saw the mid credits online (they leaked) and found it awful. Just a feeling of rush and desperation of  trying to build a Sinister Six teamup to fight Spider-Man because yes. Morbius doesn't even know Spider-Man and he accepts it. Vulture gets to that place and has a suit ready to go. 

Avengers is amazing because it was built through good movies. Took their time to build these characters. Makes us care. Make us like them. Make us feel interested. 

Morbius just looks awful like you say it is. I have no desire to see it. I disliked the Venom movies. A lot. Just the fact that they took this...without logic and cheap route and put Vulture in that universe, just makes my eyes roll. Like, really? You put Vulture there (which alone contradicts a lotta stuff in itself) and he instantly gets a suit, finds Morbius, already knows him and wants to go after Spider-Man when they ended in good terms in Homecoming? Morbius says YES to this stranger to team up and go after someone he has no idea or motive to go after. 

All this nonsense, just makes me not excited for this cheap Sinister Six of B level characters (when we just had a version in NWH with iconic versions of characters). Is Sony now gonna say that Mysterio is alive and by the hands of god have him teleport to? LMFAO. It's just crazy to me. 

As a fan, I have massive issues with this. They are just so... clear and right there that it's just embarrassing. 

Is this another race to a teamup like DC did? 

And like...are all their movies gonna be rotten?? I mean... painfully mediocre?

Kraven sounds like another one. A movie a with a terribly mediocre creative team behind, with a big star in  front and a 70-90M budget that is apparent in the trailers IMO. Already my prediction.