baumer

Tuesday#s TLJ 20.25M

Just now, Barnack said:

That is a valid point I think, there is no notion of being a last movie that make it an event that will be going on here.

Maybe Avengers part 2 if a lot of the cast get officially out will have more of that.

Idk the Part 1/Part 2 split has never really worked for audiences, they're kinda selling Infinity War as the big event and not sure how happy audiences are going to be when they learn it's only the first half of it (will this be made clear in marketing? probably not. which means people finding out when they see the movie)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

Idk the Part 1/Part 2 split has never really worked for audiences, they're kinda selling Infinity War as the big event and not sure how happy audiences are going to be when they learn it's only the first half of it (will this be made clear in marketing? probably not. which means people finding out when they see the movie)

Did they announce a title for the 2nd part of it? Haven't been following CBM's that close lately...other than the box office meltdown with Justice League.

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

Did they announce a title for the 2nd part of it? Haven't been following CBM's that close lately...other than the box office meltdown with Justice League.

I suspect they'll tease the title and part 2 at the end of Infinity War

4 hours ago, Christmas baumer said:

I don't get that number at all.  Cheap Tuesday is full swing and with people still in work and school, you'd think that would give the film at least a bit of a bump on Tuesday.  This is a 6% drop.  I'm confused by this.

I too expected a spike up. No other logical explanation than this. Word of mouth talking, good Sir.

• Like 1

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

Nope, but it's coming out the following May. Since they havent announced it I assume the title is a spoiler for the first part

I expect it'll do fine on the weekend though.  A lot of folks in my group have been waiting to see it but are still caught up in Christmas prep so we can't arrange a time good for everyone.  It'll be a lot easier when working folks are out on break (though several people are working Christmas eve).  This is a terrible time of year for anyone in retail.

I don't see what is so buffling to be honest. From the beginning there were clues indicating that the wom is mixed. You had those online rating systems that have a respectable track record, you  had a lot of people here telling that they didn't like it or that they knew a lot of people that didn't like it. Even by knowing what is happening in the movie, you have to be able to understand that there are risky decisions that can cause divisiveness.

And yet, we kept finding non stop excuses that all those elements were false. Like there was an organised campaign to sabotage this movie and bots kept coming in thousands trying to downvote it like any other movie ever, flooding twitter and other snw sites. 

Of cource we cannot jump the gun so early but let's not pretend that we are shocked that this is showing worse holds than both RO and TFA. Such a performance will be justified.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

I don't see what is so buffling to be honest. From the beginning there were clues indicating that the wom is mixed. You had those online rating systems that have a respectable track record, you  had a lot of people here telling that they didn't like it or that they knew a lot of people that didn't like it. Even by knowing what is happening in the movie, you have to be able to understand that there are risky decisions that can cause divisiveness.

And yet, we kept finding non stop excuses that all those elements were false. Like there was an organised campaign to sabotage this movie and bots kept coming in thousands trying to downvote it like any other movie ever, flooding twitter and other snw sites. 

Of cource we cannot jump the gun so early but let's not pretend that we are shocked that this is showing worse holds than both RO and TFA. Such a performance will be justified.

This is actual nonsense. 

• Like 2

Just now, FantasticBeasts said:

Those things can be (and are) both true. Angry fans were driving down the audience score on sites like RT and Flixster, and WOM is much more mixed than TFA among the larger audience

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Marvel Studio's is aware of the splitting backlash.

They changed the title of Infinity War 2 to something undisclosed.

I suspect, IW will have a semi-conclusion and Avengers 4 will have a different feel.

1 hour ago, Wonder Midget said:

That's a big problem for IX. I think TLJ was good as a standalone movie, but there's no hook that makes the next one an absolute must see. Unless JJ decides to resurrect Vader and use it extensively in promotion or something similar, I don't see the next one outperforming 8.

There was no hook for Ragnarok after TDW whatsoever or for Skywall after Quantum and yet those movies sky-rocketed thanks to amazing previews. So previews could make a difference. Could, not saying they will. IMO, TLJ didn't have the jaw dropping previews or at least they didn't connect as much as TFA and some other movie previews did, and the movie itself isn't connecting on such large scale either. Now that we are past "controversy" about Theory #46578 being wrecked by TLJ, GA is chiming in and their problems with the movie are valid and echo those of fans- some plots and characters are entirely useless and bloating the screen time, jokes fall flat, characters are less likable this time around and some downright annoying, the tone is off, the movie just doesn't feel like SW

I think that, while LF expected some divisiveness, they didn't expected it to extend to whole chunks of movie being considered useless and better off without. They may even counted on jokes to boost appeal but humor proved one of the biggest misfires. 

Edited by Valonqar

Just now, grey ghost said:

Marvel Studio's is aware of the splitting backlash.

They changed the title of Infinity War 2 to something undisclosed.

I suspect, IW will have a semi-conclusion and Avengers 4 will have a different feel.

Whether it's called Part 1/Part 2 or not, it's still being sold as the finale when it's not, since its narrative continues into Avengers 4, the actual finale. Functionally no different (except that removing Part 1 from the title clues the audience out, which may actually make the situation worse lol)

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

There was no hook for Ragnarok after TDW whatsoever or for Skywall after Quantum and yet those movies sky-rocketed thanks to amazing previews

*thanks to Hulk and Adele

• Like 1