baumer

Tuesday#s TLJ 20.25M

5 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

There is no bad. Disney has a movie locked for 680+ due to the enormous opening and holiday boost over the next couple weeks. Disney is laughing all the way to the bank even if we try to nitpick the movie's financial performance.

Nah, there's bad...BvS shows a money-making movie has bad, even when it makes money.  I don't expect bad, but it's still a possibility, however remote...

23 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Jumanji OW > TLJ 2nd Weekend

Jumanji 6-day < TLJ 3-day imo

Even on the low-end I think TLJ can't do less than 70-75 3-day (66-68% drop from 220). Thinking Jumanji 6-day may not go above (a great) 65-70m.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Last Panda said:

It's too early to make a call.  TLJ isn't going to perform like RO and TFA because of calendar differences and hype differences between TFA and TLJ

Yup, at this point we're just making wild predictions. We basically have little to base this off Christmas wise aside from the previous SW films, and TLJ was released easier then these two. That 6% Tuesday drop is odd, but it could mean anything.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Last Panda said:

Obviously Paddington 2 is copying Star Wars and Star Wars fans are now worried their franchise will be surpassed by the bear!

The Jedi truly met their match. They couldn't handle the power of the bear. 

• Like 2

Keep in mind Paddington 2 has only been released in a handful of countries, I expect the score will go down a little when it hits the US. 

Speaking of Paddington 2, I wonder what WB's expectations are for it, I imagine if it can match the first film's OW then they'll be happy

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

So it this is at about $300mil going into the weekend, then has say a $70mil 2nd weekend, is even $600mil 'locked'?, i dont think it is.

okay you're going to have to stop asking this question. This has been explained to you over and over again. Now you're just seemingly being a troll

• Like 4

Just now, Christmas baumer said:

okay you're going to have to stop asking this question. This has been explained to you over and over again. Now you're just seemingly being a troll

Its banter Baumer, and its not as stupid as it sounds as i'll be surprised if it does much more than 650mil.

4 hours ago, TigerPaw said:

I honestly think the WoM isn't that great.

It isn't just some "trolls" who genuinely dislike the movie.

I have so many friends who are SW fans who posted how much they disliked the movie on social media. I am in Singapore so I doubt my friends care much about Rotten Tomatoes or Trolling.

And my Facebook feed is full of friends that loved it and are saying it's their favorite Star Wars movie. Both of our experiences are anecdotal and don't matter. Odds are, we're going to be friends with people with similar interests and opinions.

The actual scientific polling done on this movie is showing that people overwhelmingly love it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

So it this is at about $300mil going into the weekend, then has say a $70mil 2nd weekend, is even $600mil 'locked'?, i dont think it is.

700 os is 'locked' including even a mellow 40 usd from china.