grim22

New Year's Day Weekend Thread: Late Friday estimates (DHD) - TLJ 19.5M, Jumanji 17.5M, PP3 6.7M, TGS 5.3M

Perplexed at that estimated Coco Sunday drop.  It doesn't seem to make sense at all.

Though anectodal, I'm really thinking that Disney really should have worked a bit harder to advertise this because a lot of people I've spoken to barely know it's out right now and normally Pixar movies have a stronger word of mouth in the fantasy/sci-fi crowd I usually deal with.  Everyone we've taken to it enjoyed it a lot, but most of the people I know have reached the point where the showings are so hard to get to now that they're just waiting for the streaming/blu ray release.

I will say it's hard to dismiss the possibility that the current political climate is also having a slight negative effect on it.  People seem to have little problem going onto Disney's Vevo and other youtube accounts to talk about how this movie should be banned in America for having Mexican characters and that's the sort of dialogue I don't think I've ever seen for other Pixar/Disney films.  

8 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The only reason Bright got that many viewers is because it was on Netflix and included with a subscription. If this was pushed theatrically with $9+ tickets, you'd be looking at 30M tops on OW.

I think you fail to see Netflix long-term plan here, people crapped on the TV Showplan and now they are one of top producers of TV shows in a few years. I cancelled my cable as a result. 

I am not saying they will be for movies but I think they will be a big contender in a few years which is a disrupting factor for the movie industry.

Just looking at trends and I think how many viewers you think they can get if they make pretty good movies instead of okay ones like Bright?

Edited by Lordmandeep

2 minutes ago, mikee11 said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/12/22/netflixs-bright-is-a-terrible-movie-please-dont-watch-it/

g-guys don't watch Bright, go see The Last Jedi one more time, it pandered to my inept twitter leftism, pls guys watch it 8 times, 

8 FOR THE 8TH

Go back to the youtube comments section.

6 minutes ago, Porthos said:

You say that like it's a BAD thing. :thinking:

It is a bad thing since most normal people were WTFing at  things that apperantly make sense to you.

Nobody gets this shit or interpreted it the way intended ,  unless you live in fringe twitter leftist world, because it doesn't make any sense and it's not applicable to the real world

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/star-wars-last-jedi-unexpected-examination-toxic-masculinity-spoilers-115626888.html

Edited by mikee11

2 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

TLJ is now running 225 million behind TFA.

225 million is basically the entire Justice League's, Logan's and Fate of The Furious domestic numbers, by the way. Do you guys really think it's just the casual people not watching TLJ?

That and repeat viewings will be much less than TFA

10 minutes ago, mikee11 said:

It is a bad thing since most normal people were WTFing at  things that apperantly make sense to you.

Nobody gets this shit or interpreted it the way intended ,  unless you live in fringe twitter leftist world, because it doesn't make any sense and it's not applicable to the real world

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/star-wars-last-jedi-unexpected-examination-toxic-masculinity-spoilers-115626888.html

:winomg:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAR said:

It's pretty obvious that's why he's acting like Disney PR for this movie and presenting very misleading statistics to his readers, because he believes it panders to his fringe ideolgoy.

Like Blade Runner he gave it a bad review and danced on his grave with the bad BO results  because he believed it was ideologically impure movie

Just now, mikee11 said:

It's pretty obvious that's why he's acting like Disney PR for this movie and presenting very misleading statistics to his readers, because he believes it panders to his fringe ideolgoy.

Like Blade Runner he gave it a bad review and danced on his grave with the bad BO results  because he believed it was ideologically impure movie

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mikee11 said:

45a07dbfah401.gif

• Like 1