Jake Gittes

The Lighthouse | Robert Eggers' follow-up to The Witch | Awesome Analog Black & White FILM Technology | Willem Dafoe, Robert Pattinson | October 18, 2019

3 minutes ago, Barnack said:

I think we would be surprised from time to time, movie big on a coast isn't necessarily on the other coast either, at least in tractable online activity it can be quite regional diverse.

highest interest subregion for A24:

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 5-y&geo=US&q=%2Fg%2F11b6_84bg3

The Witch

New hampshire

Maine

Massachusetts

Utah

New Mexico

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 5-y&geo=US&q=lady bird

Lady Bird

Texas

Vermont

California

Massachusetts

Connecticut

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 5-y&geo=US&q=%2Fg%2F11f3xqgn07

Hereditary

Utah

Azriona

California

New Mexico

Texas

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 5-y&geo=US&q=%2Fm%2F0126506s

Ex Machina (quite west coast)

Columbia

Washington

California

Hawaii

Alaska

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 5-y&geo=US&q=%2Fg%2F11c553rtlh

It Come at night (quite central)

Arizona

Michigan

Texas

New Mexico

Indiana

A detailed popularity map of Oscar nominee did show an somewhat equal distribution of movie playing most on the west, middle and east coast:

https://googletrends.github.io/google_oscars/

it's almost as if it's the futurist who's actually engaging in reverse snobbery and enforcing the false and needless divide here, patronizingly stereotyping all the non-coastal simple folks as having no need or use for ever being exposed to anything more interesting or unusual or artful than the latest marvel product

• Like 5

That s the thing.

The Bourgeois.

The Snob.

He is never (or rarely) aware of his condition.

When confronted, he ll deflect.

He will never admit how he really feels.

It s hypocrisy  of the highest order.

Admit you have nothing but contempt for the Joe & Jane sof the world who adore the MCU and the Kardashians.

Defend true art and ambition and subtext at every chance you get.

Fight the good fight, Team A24 !

Admit that, deep inside,you hate with a passion the franchise film, the villainous, nefarious PRODUCT without the Soul of the Auteur !

You have fun with these movies,  you even enjoy them, you tolerate them but it is not art in your eyes, just disposable entertainment for the masses.

Be honest with yourselves.

For once.

There s absolutley nothing wrong with that.

Honesty, try it sometimes, it s cool.

I promise.

Hypocrisy is the cancer of Humanity.

Edited by The Futurist

4 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

That s the thing.

The Bourgeois.

The Snob.

Admit you have nothing but contempt for the Joe & Jane sof the world who adore the MCU and the Kardashians.

Admit that, deep inside,you hate with a passion the franchise film, the villainous, nefarious PRODUCT without the Soul of the Auteur !

You have fun with these movies,  you even enjoy them, you tolerate them but it is not art in your eyes, just disposable entertainment for the masses.

For once.

I promise.

MistyImperturbableCapeghostfrog-size_res

6 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

That s the thing.

The Bourgeois.

The Snob.

For once.

I promise.

Anyone who adores the Kardashians deserve to be ridiculed. Now that's an example of the "cancer of humanity". Those people represent the absolute worst kind of people. They're trash.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

That s the thing.

The Bourgeois.

The Snob.

Defend true art and ambition and subtext at every chanc eyou get.

Fight the good fight.

You have fun with,  you even enjoy those movies, you tolerate them but it is not art in your eyes, just disposable entertainment for the masses.

For once.

I promise.

the fact that you talk about hypocrisy and then immediately talk about the contempt your made up figures have for certain people who like other stuff is... how i know this is a bit. 80% of your posts are just contempt for whatever random elitist strawman you're whining about. 

and btw people aren't engaging with your arguments because a) they're gibberish and b) they already have. so. many. times. i've earnestly responded to it in other threads before but whatever. you must have this fucking speech about snobs tattoo'd on yourself like guy pearce in memento and every two days you go "oh i guess i haven't posted this yet". when trust us, you have done so many, many times. that's the best case scenario for your condition. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Anyone who adores the Kardashians deserve to be ridiculed. Now that's an example of the "cancer of humanity". Those people represent the absolute worst kind of people. They're trash. 

I'm not a fan of them myself but surely you can think of some people who are worse than them.

2 minutes ago, aabattery said:

I'm not a fan of them myself but surely you can think of some people who are worse than them.

I guess I mean outside of rapists, murderers, pedos, etc. They represent the worst kind of people who haven't necessarily done horrible things. Does that make sense? They're especially a horrible example for girls.

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

You do not give your place in term of deflecting and never following an idea to is end has clearly and arguments and just throw triviality and sound byte....

Why would anyone hate with passion disposable entertainment, I mean there is people that act has if they hate pro sport with a passion or people like you that seem to hate current pop-music with a passion, but it is probably just an act and they not really care.

Everyone here know a lot of people that adore those MCU movies in real life (me that list have many serious cinephile that also get excited by the last Malick has well) and have no contempt for them, come-on. You must mean, contempt for people that only watch those and would refuse to try anything else but did an Internet hyperbole right ?

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, JB33 said:

I guess I mean outside of rapists, murderers, pedos, etc. They represent the worst kind of people who haven't necessarily done horrible things. Does that make sense? They're especially a horrible example for girls.

Eh. Who cares.

On 1/24/2019 at 4:45 PM, The Futurist said:

Music for this Alita Song was probably written by a little AI music App Dua Lipa found on her I-Phone X 10 last month.

On 1/24/2019 at 10:36 PM, The Futurist said:

Teenage girls have been responsible for the production of the worst artists, music and songs in History.

#FactsOfLife

On 1/25/2019 at 1:10 AM, CoolioD1 said:

it's super funny that the futurist is the music version of those "film bros/snobs/whatever" he's always complaining about.

44 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, The Futurist said:

That s the thing.

The Bourgeois.

The Snob.

For once.

I promise.

GgGuUyl.gif

Where's the point, I can't find it

Edited by Alpha

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

Eh. Who cares.

Not me really. My point was that it wasn't the best way to go about being a champion of the common folk. The Kardashians are an example of the rich snobs he was talking about and the thing is, they're probably the most useless rich people on the planet!

2 hours ago, The Futurist said:

I don't think I'm ever going to find a better example of irony.

• Like 5

Don't worry, I will now use the words

"assembly line"

"product"

"quality control"

"cash grab"

"for what it is"

to describe the Disneys and franchise films not direced by Christopher Nolan, Dennis Villeneuve and James Cameron.

And Todd Phillips.

Sir, Yes, Sir !

Edited by The Futurist