grim22

Jurassic World: Dominion | June 10 2022 | 6th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

6 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

That clip sums up everything that has been wrong with this franchise since Jurassic World. Look at the movie theater scene - it is all revealed and done with in about 70 seconds, instead of taking the time to slowly build tension, have people get uncomfortable, and then commence with the action. Look at the difference between the footsteps in the puddle and where we are now. Just night and day in terms of building tension and suspense. 

True but also, building lots of tension to reveal something we've seen time and time again for the past 28 years won't work either. I do agree it looks sloppily directed/edited, though. 

• Like 1

In fairness, this clip is likely shortened a bit to get all the money shots in (since this is apparently the same clip that played before F9 in IMAX this summer). These movies usually also start with the Amblin logo after the Universal one, and the former is nowhere to be found here. Would explain why it feels choppily edited.

17 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

I love how little people give a shit about this film that they've just dumped the first 5 minutes online.

(And agreed about the absolute lack of tension.)

Prologue was in front of F9 this summer. It’s not new. Also this probably has a chance at being the top Grossing film of next summer so saying nobody cares doesn’t make sense 

Edited by John Marston

50 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Prologue was in front of F9 this summer. It’s not new. Also this probably has a chance at being the top Grossing film of next summer so saying nobody cares doesn’t make sense 

It’ll make lots of money and, paradoxically, no-one will give a shit about it. See also: Fallen Kingdom.

I've given up on any Jurassic Park sequel being a legit great movie.  All the sequels are fine if you just watch them as creature features.  I got a soft spot for some of those corny ones from the 90s like Anaconda, Lake Placid, Deep Rising, Deep Blue Sea, etc and thats what Jurassic World and Fallen Kingdom reminded me of.

2 hours ago, John Marston said:

I really believe the Haunted-Dinosaur-Mansion-Clone-Girl stuff they pulled in the last film might've turned off more people than we'd like to think, but we'll see.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, AJG said:

I really believe the Haunted-Dinosaur-Mansion-Clone-Girl stuff they pulled in the last film might've turned off more people than we'd like to think, but we'll see.

the second half of the movie was so fucking weird i kinda dug it

the part where the engineered raptor is playing dead while buffalo bill is trying to pry himself off a tooth trophy was so schlocky and good

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

I've given up on any Jurassic Park sequel being a legit great movie.  All the sequels are fine if you just watch them as creature features.  I got a soft spot for some of those corny ones from the 90s like Anaconda, Lake Placid, Deep Rising, Deep Blue Sea, etc and thats what Jurassic World and Fallen Kingdom reminded me of.

Im a diehard JP Fan, but this is very true. None of the sequels are anywhere close to the first in quality but i personally also dont ever expect anything from them besides beeing entertaining. Its also kind of funny how Jurassic Park/World is a now Six Film Franchise in the first place, considering the first movie was all about "we tried a new thing ... and it failed miserably. Lets not do it again" and then in the sequels they do everything again.

Whats even more funny for me though is that this is imo exactly what would happen in the real word as well. 

• Like 3

I really do no share the Bayona entry has a bad one in that franchise sentiment, was maybe my second favorite to be honest (with a lot of embracing the non-sense and quite cinematic), specially relative to the Trevorrow previous entry (which after book of Henry and Stars debacle was not an obvious choice here I would imagine).

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

People go to Jurassic movies for the dinosaurs so I expect the WOM of the last one to have little impact. Show a lot of sweet dino action in the trailers and people will show up. 

As far as that clip goes, the past stuff looked like a lot of fun, present stuff was whatever. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, excel1 said:

Once again, everyone will underestimate this film based upon muted online hype and then act shocked when it blows up int theaters.

Not me i believe. Im fully expecting 500M DOM and 1,4 B Worldwide.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Hatebox said:

I love how little people give a shit about this film that they've just dumped the first 5 minutes online.

(And agreed about the absolute lack of tension.)

This clip really shocked me at how completely devoid of tension there was...like what?