Alli

Weekend Thread: Weekend estimates pg 38...BP 41.14....WIT 33.31

54 minutes ago, matrixfilm said:

what went wrong w Hurricane Heist?  thought it was on target for 10+ easy

Not easy to make 10m in that genre, even a Collet-Sera/Liam Neeson just did 13m with more theaters, same for Death Wish with Willis and really nice buzz around the trailers same for The Foreigner, never easy when you are not a studio either, Entertainment studios 10-11m is there max.

Really common for the genre to go below 10m for the complete run, let alone OW:

https://www.the-numbers.com/movies/genre/Action

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I see that some people are still in denial that AWIT it underperforming.....

If this were from any other studio but Disney very few would be defending this opening. I like Disney but the hardcore Disney fans are obnoxious. They are the most successful studio, you don't have to prop up their disappointments and flops. 

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

If this were from any other studio but Disney very few would be defending this opening. I like Disney but the hardcore Disney fans are obnoxious. They are the most successful studio, you don't have to prop up their disappointments and flops. 

I disagree with this. In fact, it seems largely the reverse to me. 

Edited by HerediTele
  • Like 15

2 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

lol please most of the people defending it are Ava fans or people who want to defend the work and merits of a black director. These disney conspiracy theorists are so annoying lmao. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, HerediTele said:

I disagree with this. In fact, it seems largely the reverse to me. 

True. A +30m opening is not something to be ashamed for such a type of film. It may have been considered even a win under different circumstances (and distributors).

Edited by FantasticBeasts

1 hour ago, Barnack said:

Not easy to make 10m in that genre, even a Collet-Sera/Liam Neeson just did 13m with more theaters, same for Death Wish with Willis and really nice buzz around the trailers same for The Foreigner, never easy when you are not a studio either, Entertainment studios 10-11m is there max.

Really common for the genre to go below 10m for the complete run, let alone OW:

https://www.the-numbers.com/movies/genre/Action

Den of Thieves, 12 Strong, Foreigner, Geostorm, Commuter, Red SParrow, Death Wish, Annihilation, and 15:17 all opened above 10M.  Seemed the genre was on fire for week to week and HH had good advertising and looked to have a solid hook to make  10M more on OW than what it did.  Maybe it was quick edited and dropped in theaters fast and ended up sucking?   I have not looked at reviews or nothing.  Just the tv air and staring at release schedule.

1 hour ago, ban1o said:

lol please most of the people defending it our Ava fans or people who want to defend the work and merits of a black director. These disney conspiracy theorists are so annoying lmao. 

How is saying that hardcore Disney fans are obnoxious a conspiracy? It's an opinion you are free to disagree with but it's not remotely a conspiracy. 

4 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

@redfirebird2008 What do you think BP needs to gross to safely assume it beats TA/TDK/SM1 in admissions? 720ish? 

Sounds about right. So far it's tracking very similar to TDK's "adjusted" performance on BOM. Basically identical at 3 days, 10 days, 17 days, and now 24 days. If that continues it will finish around $680m. 

• Like 2
  • Astonished 2

So, what will be the movies that sold  more tickets than Black Panther in the 21st Century ?

Dark Knight, Avatar and Force Awakens ?

BP fourth biggest success of the century in Trump Land of the Free so far.

Not bad I guess.

Edited by The Futurist

5 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

So, what will be the movies that sold  more tickets than Black Panther in the 21st Century ?

Dark Knight, Avatar and Force Awkens ?

BP fourh biggest success of the century inTrump Land of the Free so far.

Not bad I guess.

great performance in Trumpland to be honest, doesn't get much better

20 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Dark Knight, Avatar and Force Awkens ?

BP fourh biggest success of the century inTrump Land of the Free so far.

Not bad I guess.

According to BOM, the Avengers and Jurassic World would also have higher admissions. Both adjust over $700 million ($705.8 million and $725.7 million respectively).

Edited by KP1025

Just for comparison, here are the number of estimated tickets sold among the Top 10 21st-century films:

1. The Force Awakens: 108,115,100

2. Avatar: 97,309,600

3. Jurassic World: 79,049,200

4. The Avengers: 76,881,200

5. The Dark Knight: 74,463,500

6. Shrek 2: 71,050,900

7. Spider-Man: 69,484,700

8. The Last Jedi: 67,479,700

9. Dead Man's Chest: 64,628,400

10. Return of the King: 61,639,700

Black Panther's current estimated number of tickets sold is 61,221,700 including this weekend. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

The Last Jedi all over again!

4 hours ago, commendable said:

please don't remind me of the dissapointment that was TLJ

Yes it is exactly the same