CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

13 minutes ago, Warhorse said:

I loved the other two phases of Star Wars, but this new phase I can not get into to save my life. But I am so anticipating an Obi Wan story. I refuse to believe he was stuck on Tatooine for the past 20 years until he meets up with Luke again. It would be even more gold if we got to see Liam Neeson back as QuiGon, showing Obi Wan how to master the afterlife.

It's harder to believe that the Ewan Obi at the end of the prequels in 20 years looks as old as Alec Guiness

On our way to the mall for Infinity War, so I figured I'd look up how many tickets it's sold so far for our showtime. There's only 2 seats left and they're not even next to each other. Glad we got our tickets when we did lol we bought them 3 weeks ago

11 minutes ago, CJohn said:

We probably need to wait like 6 hours until they can give us a revised estimate.

Fair enough. Really intrigued to see how it increases from actuals - cause it's gonna increase, 99.99999999% sure of that at this point. I'd laugh my ass off (and mark out too) if it actually came really close to 261, which is where TFA sits with the adjusted OW record (261.6, iirc).

Also, while I'm still not convinced that legs will be good...... 2.5x doesn't sound insane anymore. The internal performance was batshit crazy for a movie with that much upfront demand on Thu/Fri; wom is insanely good; movie is rewatchable, (imo) doesn't feel long like AOU or CW did (though I imagine a lot of people felt differently) and honestly has a little more standalone appeal than AOU or Cap 3 due to the fact that it's a fully Thanos-centric story and the Avengers are just supporting characters; social media is going absolutely bananas for this movie to the point where it's basically cultural event status (seriously, go to Twitter and spend some time searching such things as "IW killed me" and many other variations of that and you'll find an endless list of people named like that and saying they'll sue Marvel for emotional damages :rofl:); and finally, the record-breaker headlines will only put it in the spotlight even more.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

Also, when it comes to Marvel Films, i pretty much always know how much i like/dislike them after having seen it and my ratings never changed from one of their films up to this point.

But the more i think about Infinity War, the more i love it. It might just become my favourite MCU movie, when i see it again in a week. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ephemeris said:

Now, with Disney buying out Fox, I am just praying that Black Panther is secretly a set up for Lupita to have her own starring movie, portraying one of the most iconic female superheroes ever.......

Just now, LonePirate said:

The Peter moments from the most recent Deadpool trailer played very well at my AIW showing. That was easily the best reaction during the 6 or 7 trailers that were shown.

Peter is a Meme. He is THE Meme. He is the main draw of Deadpool 2 after all. This is Peters story.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DAR said:

Just looked the schedule for next year on Mojo.  Not that it matters but April 26 is open.  Wouldn’t be surprised if Avengers 4 moves up a week again 

6 weeks after Captain Marvel seems dicey

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

For everyone saying "the WOM is great there's no way this has poor legs"... plz go read those early CW threads

I think the difference is IW kept increasing with tracking and is beating expectations. CW didn't. Having the biggest opening weekend ever is a far cry from having, like, the 7th. 

3 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

105-110M ? 

Sounds about good. Could be more depends on weekday drops. Poorer weekdays I think will be compensated by weekend. 

425M+ by end of next weekend.

Just now, Mekanos said:

I think the difference is IW kept increasing with tracking and is beating expectations. CW didn't. Having the biggest opening weekend ever is a far cry from having, like, the 7th. 

I think the difference is ppl are prisoners of the moment and can objectively look at the past :) 

Fan euphoria on OW =/= staying power with general auds

• Like 1