CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

8 minutes ago, expensiveho said:

Can we call Civil War a Cap movie yet or do we need to wait another year to confirm that "The Avengers" brand is on a whole other level?

Plenty of folks here were completely sure IW would decrease from CW "because A2 and A2.5 kept decreasing", some of them are still here claiming that it will have poor legs "because Civil War!!!1!!1"

I would hope so. Civil War is so clearly not an Avengers film that the claim that it is always annoys me. My predictions for Avengers films will NEVER factor in Civil War because it's NOT an Avengers film. The people who factored it into their predictions look mighty silly today. As silly as I looked when I predicted Blade Runner would open above Mad Max.

• Haha 1

Just now, grey ghost said:

It's like I traveled back in time when ppl said the same thing about Avengers. :insane:

It was true!

Until 2018! So this will be peak until Avengers vs X-Men in 2024

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A year ago my thought was Avengers X Guardians alone guaranteed 210 million. The success of Homecoming, Ragnarok, and Black Panther only drove the momentum forward even more along with killer trailers. 

Edited by Mekanos
  • Like 2

CA1 did $176m.

CA2 did $259m.

CW did $408m.

You may be able to argue that it wasn't a full on Avengers film, but the OW, final DOM and WW numbers prove that it leaned much more towards an Avengers film than a Captain America film. 

I mean, FFS, the entire movie is about the Avengers fighting each other.

• Like 5

Civil War was a Avengers movie they said. :hahaha:

Team up films are on a downward trend they said. :Venom:

The last 2 years Marvel Studios has taken every criticism against them from clickbait YouTube so called film analysts and punched their soul through the cosmos. :sparta:

original.gif

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I mean... if you want to talk about a film re-released 11+ times over 60 years in a time before home cinema go ahead, but comparisons to modern blockbusters won't be useful.

GOTW WW adjusts to around 3.6B or so

Avatar WW adjusts to around 3.4B or so

How sad!  Avatar couldn’t even do 1GWTW

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, Noctis said:

CA1 did $176m.

CA2 did $259m.

CW did $408m.

You may be able to argue that it wasn't a full on Avengers film, but the OW, final DOM and WW numbers prove that it leaned much more towards an Avengers film than a Captain America film. 

I mean, FFS, the entire movie is about the Avengers fighting each other.

It definitely received a big boost from other Avenger characters, especially Iron Man. 

• Like 1