Eric the Ape

A Quiet Place 2 | Paramount | May 28, 2021

This looks incredible! The first scene of the trailer was really effective and the rest showed enough to convince me they're going in an interesting direction for the sequel (as opposed to simply re-hashing more of the first one).

Call me an uncultured swine but why is this film, alongside Mulan, F9, and Sonic, releasing their Super Bowl spots days before the game day ?  Was there a change in something related to marketing during the game aside from the prices ?

Edited by JGAR4LIFE

13 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

Call me an uncultured swine but why is this film, alongside Mulan, F9, and Sonic, releasing their Super Bowl spots days before the game day ?  Was there a change in something related to marketing during the game aside from the prices ?

I am also finding this very weird. Every studio is releasing their Superbowl spots in advance. 

29 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

Not only movies, every Big Game ad is released days before the Big Game now - so they can use social media and hopefully go viral before airing for the biggest TV audience.

1 hour ago, MrGlass2 said:

Not only movies, every Big Game ad is released days before the Big Game now - so they can use social media and hopefully go viral before airing for the biggest TV audience.

It's been common for product ads but not films.   This seems new, or maybe non tent pole films have done it before but not Avengers, Jurassic size films

3 hours ago, SofNascimento said:

So, what's the expected impact of the coronavirus on this movie's bo? 

What a shame. 

Probably not much? Tuesday numbers for current films indicate no impact. 

Unless the US continue under-reporting their cases and cinemas close or something

who wrote the thread title, a 5 year old?

Edited by Krissykins