Eric Duncan

A Quiet Place 2 | Paramount | May 28, 2021

5 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Well, Paramount has a deal with Netflix. If they spent the marketing budget, just have Netflix release it. 

Not ideal, but still.

LOL, this is a joke, right? Paramount sell to Netflix movies that are locked to be failures, not a movie that has potential to fo $200m DOM alone.

They should put it in September, a month that already proved good for Horror movies. Warner can move TC3 to August. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

LOL, this is a joke, right? Paramount sell to Netflix movies that are locked to be failures, not a movie that has potential to fo $200m DOM alone.

They should put it in September, a month that already proved good for Horror movies. Warner can move TC3 to August. 

Half joke.

What if the virus isn't gone by September though. . . .

40 minutes ago, antovolk said:

Or someone has to be brave enough to drop a major title onto VOD. Of course the risk here is pissing off major chains...

that's why streaming is the future. not just for events like this but because it's becoming increasingly crowded relase-wise with not enough theaters to meet the demand.

• ...wtf 1

12 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

if they do understand that much then why didn't they move the movie few weeks ago?? or at least as soon as No Time to Die moved, they literally could've saved some money on the marketing by delaying it earlier. now they have to start spending more on it to market it for the new date. this will have an inflated marketing budget. 

Yeah, every studio had a kind of stupid response by wasting marketing cash delaying now instead of 10 days ago. But they weren’t dumb enough to go through with the ultimate mistake of keeping the movies put, which is what many on this board were screaming was the best financial decision as recently as.. *checks notes*... yesterday.

• Astonished 1

1 minute ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Yeah, every studio had a kind of stupid response by wasting marketing cash delaying now instead of 10 days ago. But they weren’t dumb enough to go through with the ultimate mistake of keeping the movies put, which is what many on this board were screaming was the best financial decision as recently as.. *checks notes*... yesterday.

yup, I was definitely 'screaming' 🙄

4 minutes ago, DAJK said:

yup, I was definitely 'screaming' 🙄

That wasn’t directed at you :)   

Talking about the FilmBuff, KJsooner types who were in hardcore denial about the virus seriously affecting the BO

Edited by Arendelle Legion
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Half joke.

If the virus is not under control by Septmenber, no one is going to give a damn about a freaking movie....

I don't find it a coincident that these cancellations occur the day after the Governor of California made recommednations that would pretty much close down movie theaters or any gathering above 250 people in the state?

Just now, dudalb said:

I don't find it a coincident that these cancellations occur the day after the Governor of California made recommednations that would pretty much close down movie theaters or any gathering above 250 people in the state?

isn't California a popular place for movie sets? wouldn't this cause so many films to halt shooting & move or pause production. 

7 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Makes sense. When you consider that your average IMAX theatre has more than 250 seats (my nearest one has 550), it basically means capping how much a film could potentially make (in my nearest IMAX’s case, that’s 300 less people per showing which would severely depress the opening weekend of what would ordinarily have been a guaranteed sellout film). I’m not surprised that the Governor of California saying that would spook the studios.

Got to feel sorry for the theatre workers as well here, all these films moving means a very quiet few months (if they remain open), and with most UK cinemas operating on zero hours contracts, I can see a lot of people struggling for hours as the people at head office demand cut backs.

Edited by SnokesLegs

2 hours ago, RealLyre said:

isn't California a popular place for movie sets? wouldn't this cause so many films to halt shooting & move or pause production. 

In the Coronavirus thread, Tele who works in the industry talks about this, and yes, the virus is probably going to badly hurt production in Hollywood.

https://deadline.com/2020/03/mulan-new-mutants-antlers-moved-coronavirus-1202881355/

Like Paramount’s A Quiet Place Part II, which sources estimate had already spent 60% of its global P&A freight, much has been expended here on Mulan. Heck, the world premiere was held on Monday in Hollywood.

It’s truly a shocker to domestic exhibition and rivals that Paramount moved A Quiet Place Part II and Disney shifted Mulan at such a last minute. No one ever thought with the P&A expended that rescheduling was an option for either movie. But with the public apt to scale back greatly over health concerns, and enormous budgets of these movies, the greater potential loss for both of these studios stemmed from remaining on course.

On 3/12/2020 at 12:29 PM, Yandereprime101189 said:

Half joke.

Then movies won't be anyone's concern anymore. If the pandemic gets big enough that it is still affecting day to day life 4 months from now civilization will have turned in to a global "martial law" state at best and completely collapsed at worst.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PDC1987 said:

If the pandemic gets big enough that it is still affecting day to day life 4 months from now civilization will have turned in to a global "martial law" state at best and completely collapsed at worst.

The virus is bad, but I don't think it will be the cause of civilization to collapse. Not unless the virus mutates into stronger strain that kills almost all people that get infected by it. 

Edited by Yandereprime101189

6 hours ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

The virus is bad, but I don't think it will be the cause of civilization to collapse. Not unless the virus mutates into stronger strain that kills almost all people that get infected by it. 

"Almost all" people wouldn't have to die in order for humans to turn in to savages. Fear and unfortunately common negative personality traits are a dangerous combo.

https://deadline.com/2020/03/mulan-box-office-drive-in-theaters-coronavirus-dumbo-disney-1202895175/

What an amazing weekend this would have been at the box office, that is if all was well in the world.

A Quiet Place Part II was forecasted between $55M-$60M in its opening weekend over March 20-22, and it’s fair to assume that weekend 2 would have eased to between a solid $27M-$37M.